on the back of my subwoofer i have the following

i have my level knob min - max
i have my crossover knob 50 - 150
i have my phase switch 0 or 180

i have the following Inputs

Line Level In

i have the LFE and i have a L and R Inputs

my question is where do i plug in the L and R inputs on the pioneer VSX-1122-k
i have the LFE pluged in and it works I would like to know where the L and R would be pluged in because i was told that those are for stereo sounds (when playing music) the LFE isnt for stereo sounds.
i was thinking maybe in the zone 2 on the back of the pioneer VSX-1122-k but someone
told me that wouldnt work so i'm hoping someone on here could help

i emailed both Infinity and Pioneer about this but no response or maybe it got lost in junk mail

one more question
on the back of my subwoofer what should i have my Crossover set on? it starts at 50 and goes to 150
right now i think its at 100

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
the LFE input is the simplest connection. It should bypass the sub's x-over because the receiver will be handling that. Using this input, it should not matter where the x-over is set on the sub, but it would normally be set to its highest point (150) because the receiver is handling the x-over. The R&L inputs are for use with system that are generally 2ch only and have NO sub output. The R&L inputs are summed to mono anyway, so the only difference would be that the crossover on the sub is used with them. Unless your sub is on the opposite side of the room from your main speakers, the phase should be set to 0.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis