Infinity Kappa 6.1 vs. Infinity Beta 50

D

DeJaVu1127

Enthusiast
Hi, don't posted much but have been a long time reader of this board and think its great! Looking to get upgrade to a set of Infinity Towers and have the delema of choosing between waiting for a set of used black Kappa 6.1's on eBay or to buy a new set of black Beta 50's and was wondering if anybody here that has listened to both set could give me the pros and cons of each set of speakers.

BWT...my system currently consists of the following.
Infinity IL10 Mains
Infinity IL25C Center Channel
Infinity PS12 Subwoofer
Klipsch KSB1.1 Surround
Harman Kardon AVR310 Receiver

Thanks Michael

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
The Kappas would be better for music and overall sound better, but the Betas are more timbre matched to your current center, and it is new. The Betas don't use foam surrounds either.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
I have listened to the kappa BOOKSHELVES but unfortunately not in the same time as I have listened to the BETAs.

I did have the impression that the KAPPAs were slightly better but that's assuming the KAPPAs you are getting are in good condition because they have been out for quite awhile now.

personally, I prefer brand new unless I personally knew the previous owner. (but I haven't bought used yet)

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
The ones he is looking at have been re-foamed once. The owner claims they were never driven hard and the foam had been damaged by a silly finger.

P

philh

Full Audioholic
Never listened to Kappa, but absolutely LOVE the Beta 50's.

Bought them from here, which is an authorized seller.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
If you love the sound of the Interludes you should probably get the Betas, now that I think about it. It is a win win for you.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis