Infinity 252 - Very low volume

O

objectivecpp

Audioholic Intern
Hello,

I recently bought a pair of Infinity 252 - connected to my Onkyo RC260 (it auto-calibrated my speakers). I also have an Infinity Central speaker PC350. What I realize is that my speakers are very quiet all the times my CSS is the one making all the noise.

I have to go very ,very close to the fronts to know if they are working. What should I do to make them loud enough?

Is infinity not good enough?

My onkyo is 7.2 but have only connected pair of fronts, one central and an Empotiva 12" sub.

Your help is really appreciated.

O

objectivecpp

Audioholic Intern
Fixed

I think that I have figured out the issue.

+, - wires were touching and that caused issues in one of my front speakers. Fixing that not only set the volume level appropriate in my fronts but also fixed random power reset of my Onkyo receiver.

digicidal

digicidal

Full Audioholic
I think that I have figured out the issue.

+, - wires were touching and that caused issues in one of my front speakers. Fixing that not only set the volume level appropriate in my fronts but also fixed random power reset of my Onkyo receiver.
Yep that AVR protection circuit tripping should have been your first clue. Now you'll know what to check in the future. On a side note, isn't it great that modern electronics have features like these built in - so you don't have to replace your amp repeatedly until you figure out that you have a short in your speaker wiring? :D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis