Independence Day: Resurgence - Quick Review

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
I will preface that I went into this movie with very little expectations. Even with those low expectations, it still managed to disappoint.
  • Acting: (It's a Action Flick, there is little acting in this :confused:
  • Characters: Not interesting, not enough to make you vested in these characters at all
  • Original Cast: Was nice to see them in this film, but with the exception of Jeff G, little to make you care about them
  • Story: Was there a story here? ;) The previews pretty much explained the whole story
  • ACTION: (There is plenty of ACTION, MINDLESS, SHOOTING, ALIENS ACTION which is fun)
This is one of the few times I think critics got it correct, take away the story and charcters and you have a movie with a ton of action scenes, but not enough to make you shell out 12 bucks IMO. I would rent it however because I am sure the sound is great

A

andyblackcat

Audioholic General

Oh I get its about aliens. I think I'll take a rain check and spend £20.00 on cat food instead.

A

andyblackcat

Audioholic General
Shoot I am so cheap that I go to the $5.75 early showings. That is what I did seeing the Purge.....LOL!!! Yes, I am an el cheapo for sure!

Cheers,

Phil
Damn yeah, bring back the £6.50 for all times of the day that seemed reasonable in the 1990's.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Damn yeah, bring back the £6.50 for all times of the day that seemed reasonable in the 1990's.
Usually when I see a movie at the theaters I always go to the early showing matinee. Most of the time it is just $5.75 for admission. However, their small soft drinks are $4, $4.50 for the medium, and $5 for the large. Add popcorn and/or candy to that and you will need to get a loan from your bank....no kidding!

I make sure that I am NOT hungry when I go in to see a movie. My Philippine Sister usually brings her own popcorn! :eek::eek::eek::eek: She will even go to the local Dollar Tree and pick-up some candies like Sprees, Sweet Tarts, Sugar Babies, and etc. We are that cheap....LOL!!! But hey, the movie was good.

Cheers,

Phil

A

andyblackcat

Audioholic General
Usually when I see a movie at the theaters I always go to the early showing matinee. Most of the time it is just $5.75 for admission. However, their small soft drinks are $4, $4.50 for the medium, and $5 for the large. Add popcorn and/or candy to that and you will need to get a loan from your bank....no kidding!

I make sure that I am NOT hungry when I go in to see a movie. My Philippine Sister usually brings her own popcorn! :eek::eek::eek::eek: She will even go to the local Dollar Tree and pick-up some candies like Sprees, Sweet Tarts, Sugar Babies, and etc. We are that cheap....LOL!!! But hey, the movie was good.

Cheers,

Phil
Buy some milk and sandwich to take to the cinema way cheaper and healthier.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Buy some milk and sandwich to take to the cinema way cheaper and healthier.
I don't take anything into the theater but myself. Most of the time I will buy a soda. Sometimes, not even that. But it has been so hot and humid here that a soda is needed. Try to keep my expenses on the low.......LOL!!!! ;);):D;);)

Cheers,

Phil

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
I don't take anything into the theater but myself. Most of the time I will buy a soda. Sometimes, not even that. But it has been so hot and humid here that a soda is needed. Try to keep my expenses on the low.......LOL!!!! ;);):D;);)

Cheers,

Phil
So you would say you don't take expectations into the theater with you then? ;)

This movie sucked. I was bored to tears.

A

andyblackcat

Audioholic General

Cheers,

Phil
They need to suck the warm air out and pump cooler air in. 2hrs watching ID4-II must feel like wearing tinfoil being slowly cooked for 2hrs. :D

I'm almost butt naked here its so humid sticky hot.

Try salt n' vinegar crisps. But you need to workout and burn off some body fat otherwise the cinema will put weight one. Drink some sprinkle water. Those cheep foods cinemas buy and put ridiculous prices on. The prices of some of that food would be cost of a twilight-hour-cinema-ticket in the 1990's.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
So you would say you don't take expectations into the theater with you then? ;)

This movie sucked. I was bored to tears.
Yeah, I always have expectations. Sometimes they don't match up though Seth....LOL!!! Found it is much cheaper to eat well before going to go see a movie. Other than a drink I am usually content. Hate it though when you have to go to the restroom during a movie. Being diabetic I have to go a lot.....LOL!!!

I did not go see it yet. Went and seen the new Purge movie. Thought it was really good. Thanks for the head's up though. No hurry to see this one then. Wonder why Will Smith was not in it? He kind of made the 1st one entertaining.

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
They need to suck the warm air out and pump cooler air in. 2hrs watching ID4-II must feel like wearing tinfoil being slowly cooked for 2hrs. :D

I'm almost butt naked here its so humid sticky hot.

Try salt n' vinegar crisps. But you need to workout and burn off some body fat otherwise the cinema will put weight one. Drink some sprinkle water. Those cheep foods cinemas buy and put ridiculous prices on. The prices of some of that food would be cost of a twilight-hour-cinema-ticket in the 1990's.
Hey Andy thanks for the info. But, it is a bit too much if you know what I mean.....LOL!!! Just kidding! Here it is also very hot and humid. However, just got a good washing as the rain poured down.

Cheers,

Phil

A

andyblackcat

Audioholic General
Hey Andy thanks for the info. But, it is a bit too much if you know what I mean.....LOL!!! Just kidding! Here it is also very hot and humid. However, just got a good washing as the rain poured down.

Cheers,

Phil
Oh yeah when you get some poring down rain it makes the air fresher in many days or weeks depending on how long its been sunny for? Don't they do one of those $dollar stores where you can get a 2liter bottler of soda chilled drink, one of those would last 2 hours of a movie.

Maybe go in the toilets before it starts and wet your face and arms down in the sink it will cool you down a little bit. Or get some fruit like grapes from a store that have been kept in the fridge, grapes good for you and cheap.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Oh yeah when you get some poring down rain it makes the air fresher in many days or weeks depending on how long its been sunny for? Don't they do one of those $dollar stores where you can get a 2liter bottler of soda chilled drink, one of those would last 2 hours of a movie.

Maybe go in the toilets before it starts and wet your face and arms down in the sink it will cool you down a little bit. Or get some fruit like grapes from a store that have been kept in the fridge, grapes good for you and cheap.
Oh yeah love me some grapes. Got me a watermelon yesterday. Plan to eat on it today. I love all kinds off fruit. Pineapple is also very good!

Cheers,

Phil

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Wonder why Will Smith was not in it? He kind of made the 1st one entertaining.
As I understand scheduling didn't allow for him to be in both Suicide Squad and ID:R because they were shooting at the same time. It probably would have benefited with his presence. Roland Emmerich is kind of a laughing stock in the motion picture industry. Not as bad as Uwe Boll and not quite as "good" as Michael Bay. Dean Devlin is the screenwriter on a majority of Roland Emmerich's films, he's kind of a mess too.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
As I understand scheduling didn't allow for him to be in both Suicide Squad and ID:R because they were shooting at the same time. It probably would have benefited with his presence. Roland Emmerich is kind of a laughing stock in the motion picture industry. Not as bad as Uwe Boll and not quite as "good" as Michael Bay. Dean Devlin is the screenwriter on a majority of Roland Emmerich's films, he's kind of a mess too.
Yeah, I think Will being in it would certainly made it more entertaining. Suicide Squad really looks to be good. Will see that one for sure when it comes out. Chances are though, I will go to the $5.75 showing....LOL!!!! Thanks for the info Seth!

Cheers,

Phil

A

andyblackcat

Audioholic General
Oh yeah love me some grapes. Got me a watermelon yesterday. Plan to eat on it today. I love all kinds off fruit. Pineapple is also very good!

Cheers,

Phil
Pineapple/watermelon like those. They'd be ideal for ID4-II "watermelon will find a way". ID4-II looks like its just gonna make back its investment. It still needs a good 200 million to be in the clear but a real good 600 million that doesn't seem likely as its sort of nearing the end of its cinema time and only way it could make back the money is in the afrerlife, DVD bluray.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=id42.htm

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Pineapple/watermelon like those. They'd be ideal for ID4-II "watermelon will find a way". ID4-II looks like its just gonna make back its investment. It still needs a good 200 million to be in the clear but a real good 600 million that doesn't seem likely as its sort of nearing the end of its cinema time and only way it could make back the money is in the afrerlife, DVD bluray.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=id42.htm
Eating some watermelon right now as we speak. It is so delicious! Small one, but it is very good....LOL!!!!!

Cheers,

Phil

A

andyblackcat

Audioholic General
Eating some watermelon right now as we speak. It is so delicious! Small one, but it is very good....LOL!!!!!

Cheers,

Phil
Easy on with the sugar now. I know some like to smother the melons in sugar.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Easy on with the sugar now. I know some like to smother the melons in sugar.
No extra sugar needed as watermelon is sweet enough for me. It was so delicious! Pineapple is always too sweet.

Cheers,

Phil

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis