in wall wireless 5.1 surround speakers

D

drenfro87

Audiophyte
I am trying to install 5.1 surround speakers in a room that does not have the attic over it. I wanted to go with some wireless in wall speaker but i have not been able to find any. do these speakers exist?

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
I am trying to install 5.1 surround speakers in a room that does not have the attic over it. I wanted to go with some wireless in wall speaker but i have not been able to find any. do these speakers exist?
The problem with wireless they are always going to need wires... You will need 120v power to each one and power and signal to the transmitter, it just doesnt make since not to run speaker wires, its much easier and cheaper... Unless you are talking battery powered/rechargable than I have never seen them and wouldnt want to...

There are a lot of ways to hide and run wires, its not as bad as you would think..

Figure out where you want each component, receiver, fronts and center, surrounds, and subwoofer {worse case, sub can be wireless}...

Then plan a route, under carpet along moldings, ect.. I have seen tape wire {flat adhesive wire} that you can paint over {I believe sewell makes some cheap}, or once you get to the wall you want to go up you pull the baseboard moliding off drill a hole in the bay you want to go up and drill a hole where you want the wires, then push a snake down, a lot easier than it sounds.... Also wire hiding tubes work good, or I had 2 vases with sticks in them going as high as my front speakers in my old house, ran the wires up one of the sticks... http://ak1.ostkcdn.com/img/mxc/100118_home-theater.jpg just drill a hole in the bottom of the vase and run the wire up through...

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis