In ceiling speaker question. Am I crazy?

N

Nickac

Audiophyte
So my setup is this Denon 3311 I have polk rc80i in kitchen hooked to second zone of receiver.

I have read all the reviews on these speakers and everyone loves them saying how the bass is so good. I hear nothing good coming from these speakers I have to set it at about -40db to hear decent sound. I am streaming iTunes music thru the denon receiver I also have the bass and treble turned up on the speakers to 10.
My friend has a Sonia speaker an I think that sounds a whole lot better then my speakers and my reviever is putting 110 watts to these speakers.

Please help

Haoleb

Haoleb

Audioholic Field Marshall
I have installed quite a few multi zone systems with those polk speakers along with their bigger and smaller siblings. Hard to say what you are experiencing.. For what they are they do have excellent sound...I mean they are just in ceiling speakers it is not going to sound like there is a subwoofer hooked up.

Do you have your zone 2 speakers set to "large"? If your receiver has that setting.

A

Actran

Audioholic
I have a denon 2312 with some OSD in-ceiling speakers on my patio and have to go to about -40 to -30 for really full sound so that doesn't seem very extreme that you have to turn it up to -40 for decent sound

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis