IEM for outdoor use and ear plugs for concerts?

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Audioholic Field Marshall
Looking for best IEM for around 50€ to be used out doors, mostly on winter. Comfort is really important as I will be using them for 3-5 hours per day when I need them. I would like to have neutral and open sound. Will be used with my phone, Samsung S4 currently.

Also looking for some nice ear plugs to be used on concerts / festivals. Would like to have something that would allow me to hear all nice details with protection from loud sounds. For detail, if I'm on festival and don't use ear plugs for one or two bands I will get migraine and rest of festival is painful. Would like to stay under 50€ for these.

Got any suggestions for either case?

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

For IEM I ordered SoundMAGIC E10S that have had some really nice reviews and was 49.95€ delivered, hopefully these are what I was looking for. Should arrive for weekend to be tested.

For ear plugs do any of you have experience with these:
Etymotic ER20XS at 25€ delivered.
Etymotic ETY Plugs at 20€ delivered.

Or do you have something else to recommend that would be better?

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Quite impressed with the quality of SoundMAGIC E10S for a such low price. Build quality feels really good and sturdy. I haven't listened too much with these yet, but what I have they do sound good. I can highly recommend these if some one is looking for budget IEM.

Ended up ordering the Etymotic ER20 ear plugs, will let you guys know what I think of them when I receive them and have been listening to some live music with them.

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

It has been a long time but I'd like to share my thoughts of Etymotic ER20. Firstly I would like to say that these are a lot easier to use than those free/cheap foam plugs and a lot more comfortable as well. I recently was at Ilosaarirock festival for 3 days and my ears felt much better than last year when I was there for 2 days using those cheap foam plugs. These plugs dont have as much pressure in your ear as those foam plugs do and thus these are more confortable to wear for long periods.

Sound wise I like these a lot better as well as I'm able to hear mid range and highs much clearer than with those foam plugs I have used before, I think there is also slight difference in low end detail as well. These don't block as much noise as the foam plugs do, but I can say that these block enough to be comfortable for 3 days in rock festival without getting headache or hurting your ears.

As for SoundMAGIC E10S I can say that I'm still really satisfied with these and if these happen to break some day I will replace these with another pair if they are still available to that day. Nice detailed sound quality while being comfortable for cheap price!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis