I think I made a mistake

Rocky

Rocky

Audioholic
Alright, so as you guys know, it's Christmas time. It was my mission to buy a home theater system for my room. My budget was around 800 for the receiver + surrrounds and center speakers. (Im in my senior year in HS, so I dont have that much money) I will be buying the towers after the Holidays, and they will most likely be the PSB Image T45's. Anyways, here is what I purchased, Im not too concerned about the speakers but more about the receiver.

Polk R15 rears & Polk CSi25 Center got all of that for $220 CAD Shipped
Kenwood VR-9050 http://www.kenwoodusa.com/products/ListProduct.aspx?k1=1&k2=2&k3=91&pr=2061 $330 CAD Shipped

I also bought a HDTV BFG 6600 for my HTPC.

It looked like a very attractive offer at the time as it had a lot of input/outputs, good specs ect, and the price was right. As it has just arrived, and I am not opening it until X-mas, I was wondring if I should re-sell it on ebay and go with something different? What do you guys think?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Takeereasy

Takeereasy

Audioholic General
I can't tell you what to do for sure, but $330 Cad is a really tight budget, as a fellow canuck I've been there. How long do you have to send it back? I really only have one suggestion, and that's to wait for boxing day sales. You most likely won't get a better receiver for that cash up here unless you get a heck of a sale. I honestly think you got a pretty good deal. I'd rather have that Kenwood over similarly priced Sony offerings for example. I do think on Boxing day you may be able to get a Yamaha receiver that may be a little better for the same price, but I think you've done Ok with that receiver.

JVC

JVC

Banned
Speakers are the most important part of a home theater. Speakers should be 3/4 to 2/3 of your budget. That's where you get your sound! Not many major differences in receivers, except for features or DSP modes.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
I agree with Takeer,

On boxing day(week) see what offerings there are on sale. I have a low end Yamaha Receiver (RV-V440) and it is doing fine for now. I do wish I had 7.1 and 96/24 but power wise its got enough to power my 5 speakers (run them all small).

SheepStar

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis