Morgan Audio

Morgan Audio

Audioholic
I am running an Onkyo TX-ZR800 amp, speaker cable from SVS and streaming music from Tidal via my computer.. All the sudden it sound like a tweeter starting buzzing as if busted so I switched from my RBH SV6500 towers to my SV61 bookshelves, same result, so then my SX61/R and again, same result.
Please tell me where to start checking for problems. As ya'll know, I am not technical at all nore do I have the dexterity in my hands to do it even if I were. It started when I 1st unhooked my reference speakers to hook up the regular Signature SV61 Bookshelf.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
I am running an Onkyo TX-ZR800 amp, speaker cable from SVS and streaming music from Tidal via my computer.. All the sudden it sound like a tweeter starting buzzing as if busted so I switched from my RBH SV6500 towers to my SV61 bookshelves, same result, so then my SX61/R and again, same result.
Please tell me where to start checking for problems. As ya'll know, I am not technical at all nore do I have the dexterity in my hands to do it even if I were. It started when I 1st unhooked my reference speakers to hook up the regular Signature SV61 Bookshelf.
You need to do some logical tests.

First question though: - Did you have your Onkyo receiver shut down when you were changing out speakers?

Next question: - is this distortion on both channels?

Last question: - Have your tried other sources, like playing a CD, DVD, BD or the radio? This is a very important test.

Lastly your Onkyo TX-ZR800 is a receiver, that contains multiple amps.

If you changed speakers with the Onkyo on you could have easily done damage, as this is something the should NEVER do.

Morgan Audio

Morgan Audio

Audioholic
I disconnected my Carver external amp and it stopped

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
I disconnected my Carver external amp and it stopped
Where in your post does it state you had a Carver external amp? Nowhere!

So we have yet another member expecting clairvoyant assistance.

If the Carver was connected to the speakers and on when you changed them, then you have blown the Carver amp.

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
It started when I 1st unhooked my reference speakers to hook up the regular Signature SV61 Bookshelf.
Was the amp powered off when you disconnected and reconnected? I bet the instruction manual even recommends unplugging the power before messing with speaker connections. That's to avoid damage to the amp.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Or the Carver amp has reached a life limit and is crapping out on its own. Which model/how old is it?

Morgan Audio

Morgan Audio

Audioholic
Im sorry I didn't write perfectly but you figured it out that the amp was hooked up and now it's not, problem gone. Hooked amp at friends house and works fine so now have to check wiring and such

Morgan Audio

Morgan Audio

Audioholic
Where in your post does it state you had a Carver external amp? Nowhere!

So we have yet another member expecting clairvoyant assistance.

If the Carver was connected to the speakers and on when you changed them, then you have blown the Carver amp.
you dont have to be an ass dude

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis