I may be the only one in the history of the world that does this but...

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I'd give it a shot with nearfield placement; one of my subs fires right into the back of my sofa for tactile effect. I normally just put older gear to use in the bedroom or workshop etc rather than try to sell it, don't like dealing with the buyers of the used stuff for the most part, lowballers are just one part of that.....

Carl08

Carl08

Audioholic
I'd give it a shot with nearfield placement; one of my subs fires right into the back of my sofa for tactile effect. I normally just put older gear to use in the bedroom or workshop etc rather than try to sell it, don't like dealing with the buyers of the used stuff for the most part, lowballers are just one part of that.....
I don't know what nearfield placement is

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
It's just placing the sub very close to the listening position.

R

RBGOBLUE

Audioholic Intern
I have a golden ear dual XXL subwoofer and Sunfire subwoofer amazing Bass 7.2.2

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

R

RBGOBLUE

Audioholic Intern
Ps move one of the subs to the back of the room

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Carl08

Carl08

Audioholic
I have the pair of PB-1000s in house as of today. I really an happier with the size of these. As far as sound, I don't think I'm missing much at all from the PB-2000s. For grins I popped in San Andreas and watched that first earthquake scene. Shook the room with authority. I don't even need the LFM-1 sub in the room

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
That's not a good idea as the sub will draw your attention to it while watching a movie.
That depends more on what frequency the subwoofer is low passed at and where it is with respect to the listening position. If it is right behind you, the sound hits both ears at the same time and it would be impossible to localize.

Auditor55

Auditor55

Audioholic General
That depends more on what frequency the subwoofer is low passed at and where it is with respect to the listening position. If it is right behind you, the sound hits both ears at the same time and it would be impossible to localize.
I here what you are saying, its just when I put my sub near field I felt too much of the vibration coming from the sub. That might not be that bad for movies, but for music it doesn't work.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
I here what you are saying, its just when I put my sub near field I felt too much of the vibration coming from the sub. That might not be that bad for movies, but for music it doesn't work.
If so, it sounds like you are not listening to the right kinds of music!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis