I have a pioneer 7200m amp, what kind of sub should i get

J

jaguar14k

Audiophyte
Its pretty self explanitory from the title but yeah i have a pioneer 7200m amp, a sony 50W x 4 CD Deck with MP3 Playback. As well as four Polk 6-1/2" Speakers (DB650). I had a crappy old (probably by 11 years) IMPP pioneer sub, I'd tell you the model number but its so old its not even on the internet anymore but for laughing reasons it was a "TS-W302F 12'pioneer free-air series". Believe it or not, it blew! big surprise anyway I need a new sub can anyone help me out. I know all you audio enthusists can already have a clear picture of my system and know exactly what i need. I also got a budget though but any ideas would really help me out, thanks.

B

Buckeye_Nut

Audioholic Field Marshall
Its pretty self explanitory from the title but yeah i have a pioneer 7200m amp, a sony 50W x 4 CD Deck with MP3 Playback.
You might want to ask this over in the car audio section.

Does this forum even have a car audio section?

LOL

highfihoney

highfihoney

Audioholic Samurai
It depends on what type of bass your looking for,the enclosure plays a larger role in the type of bass you'll get than the actual sub itself,are you looking for bass that shakes your car & rattles the trunk lid or just clean bass.

J

jaguar14k

Audiophyte
Actually

actually i have a custom fit box. But because it was a handmedown, i cant tell you exactly what it was made for, i don't know. But the other sub worked fine, basically what im looking for though is hard hitting, attention grabbing, feel it inside your heart bass

highfihoney

highfihoney

Audioholic Samurai
actually i have a custom fit box. But because it was a handmedown, i cant tell you exactly what it was made for, i don't know. But the other sub worked fine, basically what im looking for though is hard hitting, attention grabbing, feel it inside your heart bass
When i stated that the box plays the biggest role i was refering to ported box'es vs sealed,ported box'es are generally alot louder & hit harder than sealed enclosures.

Your gonna want a sub that has a sensitivity of atleast 92db,anything lower than that is going to be hard to push,try looking into subs from MTX,INFINITY,AUDIOBAHN & PYRAMID.

All these manufacturers make subs that are loud & will pound,keep in mind though that if all your going after is loud pounding bass your sub enclosure still plays a huge roll,if the box you have right now is a sealed enclosure dump it & get a ported enclosure,there is no way & single 12" sub in a sealed box is gonna give you pounding bass & if your enclosure takes 2 12" drivers than you'll need a more powerfull amp than you have right now.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis