I have a large room and a RXV1500. Can you recommend some speakers please?

B

beowolf36

Enthusiast
It can be either a system or individual speakers. I am looking for something with at least -91db sensitivity.

mcwilson

mcwilson

Audioholic
Do you have a budget? Are you interested in mounted or in-wall speakers? Music/theatre ratio?

B

beowolf36

Enthusiast
well only about $300 to $400 dollars is my limit. If needed I can just get main speakers.

L

larry7995

Full Audioholic
I have a 1500 too and I am looking at the Axiom line. They are somewhat more expensive but great for the price. Also you are probably going to need a powered subwoofer and they aren't too cheap. Before I saw the Axioms I was going to get JBLs like the E80 which I found for $185 each at etronics.com - the experts at this site don't have much nice to say about JBL but hey it's $185 each whereas the Axioms I want (M60)are $450 each...

D

dloweman

Audioholic
The Paradigm Monitor 7's or 5's have a 93db rating and match very well with yamaha. However, I am not sure of the pricing in the US, they are about 800 canadian for the 7's and 600 for the 5's, so might be around 400 for the 5's in the US. Great speakers for the price, check them out.
derek

Shinerman

Shinerman

Senior Audioholic
For $300 to $400 it would probably be better to get 2 speakers for now. A full 5.1 package for that price is going to have some major compromises in sound and build quality.

Here's an option with Athena Speaker. Athena makes some pretty impressive speakers for the price. Athena tends to be one of the favorites for budget minded buyers wanting to get the most speaker they can with a limted budget. They are IMO easily the best speakers Besy Buy has ever carried.

This speaker is on sale for $149.99 but when you go to buy, it's only $99 dollars each. That's a freakin deal. You probably can't find a better speaker for that price.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=1051806301800&skuId=5335924&productCategoryId=cat03044&type=product

You could even add the center for $179 and be at about $400 with tax.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=1051806304282&skuId=5336754&productCategoryId=cat03046&type=product

You can always add the sub and rears later. Or, just get them all with this package. It seems to be fairly well liked on this board and others, for the price.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=1077624907950&skuId=6376628&type=product&cmp=++

Shinerman

B

beowolf36

Enthusiast
those athena's look nice. I already have a center and surrounds so I think thats a lock. Thanks.

toquemon

toquemon

Full Audioholic
For your large room and the moderately powerful rxv1500 maybe Klipsch is the brand for you. They're high efficiency speakers that would take less amp power to sound louder and they sound good also. My personal favorites of this brand are the CF-1, you can find them for a very nice price at ebay because they're now discontinued.

Z

zumbo

Audioholic Spartan
Go with the Athena's. Best budget speaker IMOA! :)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis