I hate cheesy ads on Audioholics

B

bigd

Audiophyte
I hate those ads where some woman says she earns $4000 a month or one of the current ads with rotten toenails.

I think it makes the site look so unprofessional. I realize ads help pay the bills but unrelated
scare tactic ads really are cheesy. eeewww :eek:

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I'm curious why you chose bigd for a user name. Was bigc already taken? Nice first post pal.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I'm curious why you chose bigd for a user name. Was bigc already taken? Nice first post pal.
I don't disagree that some of the ads don't fit into my view of AH...at least, my view of what it used to be. While a lot of us haven't seen an ad on this site in years, people who aren't so computer savvy certainly might (like folks who come here thinking to ask for help).

As for the name - what, you never saw Hunt for Red October? :D

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Cheez n' crackers, man. You joined just to beeyotch about that?

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
I think it makes the site look so unprofessional. I realize ads help pay the bills but unrelated
scare tactic ads really are cheesy. eeewww :eek:
So, bigd, how'd you like all the ebooks you got when you bought your membership to help keep this site free?

M

MidnightSensi2

Audioholic Chief
I hate those ads where some woman says she earns $4000 a month or one of the current ads with rotten toenails.
The ads are based off advertising networks that tailor content to you based on your search history, browsing history and demographics... so.. looks like they have you pinned as an impulsive narcissist that probably doesn't take care of oneself (hence, toenails might have been neglected)! :)

You may also choose to opt-out of tailored advertising (Google and many others honor this):
Consumer Opt-out | NAI: Network Advertising Initiative

B

bigd

Audiophyte
Lol, people are venting at my venting, that made my day.

Thanks mindightsensi2 for your informative post.

someone was curious about my name. Well my first name begins with D. When I was
a a small boy my dad called me bigd. Thats all. Not what you were thinking at all.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Fixed your rep for you. That thing MS2 linked didn't perform well with ABP and my set of filters or whatever. I was kidding about your name. This is a good site. People generally help when they can. Money makes the world go round. I deal with that the best I can. Stick around and contribute if you like.

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
Fixed your rep for you.
Holy cow!
bigd, you have 2 posts, a full rack of green chicklets, and "should be listened to". Thus is the power of an Overlord!!! I can't wait to see what you do when you grow up. ;)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis