I am lossing audio in my loudspeakers

C

chitico

Audiophyte
Hello,
I need help to know the issue with my SPK Proaudio loudspeakers (SP-6K model). I have a pair of active speakers (8 ohms, 300 Watts) connected to a Mackie mixer to 100 Feets. Time to time when the signal is very low (like femme voice only) that speaker stops working until it receives a better signal.

How can I increase my signal? My speakers are active (amplified) and I am not sure if the problema is the cable length and the low signal sometimes is worst due to the wire.

What will be the Best cable to use in this case (AWG) and máximum length?

Thanks for your help.

Marvin

GranteedEV

GranteedEV

Audioholic Ninja
a few questions:

Are you using balanced connections (XLR / TLS with the appropriate hardware)?
Do your speakers have an auto-signal on/off switch?

Beyond that, this is prosound territory. I'd wager you'd find more helpful people on pro-sound message boards because most of us here use consumer gear at consumer distances.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Hello,
I need help to know the issue with my SPK Proaudio loudspeakers (SP-6K model). I have a pair of active speakers (8 ohms, 300 Watts) connected to a Mackie mixer to 100 Feets. Time to time when the signal is very low (like femme voice only) that speaker stops working until it receives a better signal.

How can I increase my signal? My speakers are active (amplified) and I am not sure if the problema is the cable length and the low signal sometimes is worst due to the wire.

What will be the Best cable to use in this case (AWG) and máximum length?

Thanks for your help.

Marvin
Your post makes no sense. Active speakers are never 8 ohms, 600 ohms and up. They are never connected with speaker wire. I can't find your speakers on the NET.

If you want help, please give links to all equipment you are using, and which connectors.

Unfortunately from the way you have framed your post, you can get no helpful advice whatsoever.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis