TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
If any AH member threatened by this storm needs a safe place to stay you are welcome here. It is certainly possible evacuees may have to go a long way North. You can make it from Atalanta to here in a days drive. We have four spare bedrooms.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Here is what my Cousin sent me when I asked them if they were getting out during Harvey. They live in Portland TX.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Got 150gl of gas, have natural gas to house. Hunkering down and ready. Moored both boats in the intercoastal , but expect that's fruitless. 3 cats and 2 dogs are my concern. Anyone in the path be safe

R

roadwarrior

Audioholic
If any AH member threatened by this storm needs a safe place to stay you are welcome here. It is certainly possible evacuees may have to go a long way North. You can make it from Atalanta to here in a days drive. We have four spare bedrooms.
You're a good dude.

highfigh

highfigh

I was hoping someone would come up with a specific event.

If people would stop breeding like rats, deforestation, making cement and burning things, maybe we could blame it on cow pharts, volcanoes, etc.

If deforestation of the rain forests had never begun, I don't think we would be seeing the problems to the same extent.

M

Midwesthonky

Audioholic General
Got 150gl of gas, have natural gas to house. Hunkering down and ready. Moored both boats in the intercoastal , but expect that's fruitless. 3 cats and 2 dogs are my concern. Anyone in the path be safe
Bout the best you can hope for. I figure the boats are probably gonna be tits up or sitting in someone's front lawn afterwards. I wish you the best!

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
I was hoping someone would come up with a specific event.

If people would stop breeding like rats, deforestation, making cement and burning things, maybe we could blame it on cow pharts, volcanoes, etc.

If deforestation of the rain forests had never begun, I don't think we would be seeing the problems to the same extent.
Exactly. Humans are the problem, all the above 'events' are just part of that bigger 'problem'. But we've got a few too many people in this country that seem to think our behavior is blameless. And an executive branch that gags scientists.

How does anyone get labeled as having an 'agenda' when caring about the air they breathe, is the same as caring about the air you breathe? (rhetorical)

One prediction now shows the hurricane engulfing FL and then heading straight for ATL. Yeehaw!!!

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I don't think people in Houston or Corpus thought Harvey was going to be as bad as it was. I don't see why they'd take the chance. Get out and hope your stuff is still there when you get back.

Crazy weather.
I lived in Corpus for about a year. right off the SPID.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Just talked to a good friend and he said figured the Eye would be near Orlando at the time that he PM'd me back. Not exactly sure what time that was. Collin is in NW Orlando! My prayers go out to everyone in the path of Irma.

Phil

Last edited:
gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
So uh Trump, think we're having no affect on the climate still?
Climate Change = Chinese Hoax

That hoax is about to wreck havoc on my home theater room which is on the 2nd floor. As you know most homes in Florida are woodframe on the 2nd story. :/

I just hope nobody gets hit by a 350lb airborne Status 8T if poop goes down.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
I think the eye is almost half as wide as Florida. If it's still a Cat 3-4 when it hits, everyone including Gene needs GTFO!!!!
Everyone came to my house to evacuate b/c a lot of my family live near the water. We may be going to a shelter tomorrow. I have to admit, I underestimated the path of this storm. It's quiet baffling.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
And you think anyone could have stopped this? Right. Name a single factor that would have influenced current weather.
We can't stop weather but our actions are causing more dangerous weather patterns. One would hope these recent hurricanes would unite our country into converting to clean energy and more stringent building zoning away from coastal/flood areas, but in all likelihood, it will be business as usual again in a few weeks.

R

roadwarrior

Audioholic
We can't stop weather but our actions are causing more dangerous weather patterns. One would hope these recent hurricanes would unite our country into converting to clean energy and more stringent building zoning away from coastal/flood areas, but in all likelihood, it will be business as usual again in a few weeks.
Starting to think this might one day be a documentary.

http://www.history.com/shows/life-after-people

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
I guess we'll have to blame Franklin Delano Roosevelt for 1933 being the 2nd busiest hurricane season on record.... 20

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
Everyone came to my house to evacuate b/c a lot of my family live near the water. We may be going to a shelter tomorrow. I have to admit, I underestimated the path of this storm. It's quiet baffling.
Did you see the size comparison to Andrew? Whatever you're going to do, do it now. There's two highways out of FL, and there's only so many spaces at a shelter. Choose one and move!

highfigh

highfigh

Exactly. Humans are the problem, all the above 'events' are just part of that bigger 'problem'. But we've got a few too many people in this country that seem to think our behavior is blameless. And an executive branch that gags scientists.

How does anyone get labeled as having an 'agenda' when caring about the air they breathe, is the same as caring about the air you breathe? (rhetorical)

One prediction now shows the hurricane engulfing FL and then heading straight for ATL. Yeehaw!!!
The problem I have with all of this is the people who make the most noise about it are so certain about the exact cause and then, they show 100 years of temperature data. That's not remotely close to what's needed to form an accurate conclusion but it does amplify their statements.

Not long ago, I saw an article stating that volcanic activity produces far more CO2 than scientists had assumed. I wasn't aware that scientists assumed anything, I thought they would have theorized and then tested these ideas, in order to prove them correct, or incorrect. Kilauea has been erupting continuously since January 3, 1983- how much CO2 has that added to the atmosphere? What about the other large eruptions like Mt Pinatubo and Mt St Helen?

It's denial to state that human activity isn't a large part of the cause, but it's arrogant to think that we can reverse it quickly. The climate is too complex and all-encompassing to make it change in a short time.

Here's a link to some info about volcanic activity-

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/275946715_Global_temperature_response_to_the_major_volcanic_eruptions_in_multiple_reanalysis_datasets

highfigh

highfigh

Starting to think this might one day be a documentary.

http://www.history.com/shows/life-after-people
As long as the alternatives can be produced without doing their own harm to the planet, it's a good idea but the economic impact to people who can't afford to go "off-grid" on their own and even cities and states that don't have the tax base to fund alternative power generation would be too much to bear, especially in states with energy companies that have a de-facto monopoly on most of that state (like WE Energies, in Wisconsin). Anyone who thinks these energy companies will stand idly by while others come up with an alternate source to what they provide as a for-profit industry is fooling themselves. They tell us to conserve energy (I guess that sounds more caring than 'use less energy') and shortly after, they raise rates because they aren't selling as much energy. They WILL make their money- that's guaranteed, even if they have to charge $1/kWh.

The irony WRT WE Energies- they have solar panels on their HQ in downtown Milwaukee.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis