A

alphasig246

Enthusiast
After my post about jbl or jamo speakers, people who replied go me thinking about getting good quality speakers and adding over time.

I have never heard of this company before until yesterday. I was looking at their Level 2 or flat panel and compact speakers. Does anybody own speakers from this company or have an opinion on these.

ousooner2

ousooner2

Full Audioholic
Would you purchased used speakers from somewhere like this website, AVS, etc? You can get a lot better bang for your limited buck by doing this

Where are you located? US? If so, where at in US?

Is your budget $500 for everything or is that no including the AVR and sub (I thought that's how your other thread had it set up)

A

alphasig246

Enthusiast
500 for speakers, not including the av receiver. I would be willing to buy three speakers for 500.00 and then add over time. I don't know much about HTD brand. Located in Kentucky

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
I have never heard of this company before until yesterday. I was looking at their Level 2 or flat panel and compact speakers. Does anybody own speakers from this company or have an opinion on these.
I have owned them, the Level Two and Flat Panel - they are nice, and are a good choice for your budget.
They will out perform a lot of speakers for your current budget.

Last edited:
A

alphasig246

Enthusiast
Which of the level 2 did you own: Bookshelf, center or one of the level 2 speakers? What would you go with for subwoofer, one from HTD or another place? I am still learning.

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
Which of the level 2 did you own: Bookshelf, center or one of the level 2 speakers? What would you go with for subwoofer, one from HTD or another place? I am still learning.
The real way to learn is by your ear - people can say a lot of things and try to perceive sound for you
and your ears.

In most respects for first time buyers - HTD will pay return shipping, so in home trial is a good way to
start the adventure.

I owned the Level Two bookshelf, Flat Panel - and the Level Three speakers

As far as subs, I would lean to the Outlaw sub on sale
Outlaw Audio LFM-1 Plus Powered Subwoofer

However if on a tight budget - the HSU STF-2 sub
STF-2 Subwoofer

ousooner2

ousooner2

Full Audioholic
As long as your front 3 are timbre matched then you're fine (unless you're running a phantom center meaning your front 2 {front left and front right} create the center image). You can change up the sub and or any other speakers (rears, widths, etc) for the most part and be okay. No place really has the best speakers AND the best subs for all price ranges.

$500 include what speakers you decide to start with AND the sub? Or is the sub like the AVR and it's separate? Makes a big difference lol

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis