HT based on Enterprise NCC-1701D from Star Trek

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
I would build something like that if I could. I kinda like the Sci-fi theme HT rooms. If I still have a job after 2011, I might put up a little theater addition on the old McHouse. In reality, I would probably go with more of an Art Deco theme over Sci-fi when it comes to spending actual money over internet fantasy money.

Warpdrv

Warpdrv

Audioholic Ninja
“now, the only thing left is to actually convince a human woman to go in there with you…”

That is the single best quote from all the responses.......

Cool @$$ room, but too many levels of seats, for that small of a display... :)

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Cool @$$ room, but too many levels of seats, for that small of a display... :)
Yes, I noticed that too. It looks like a tunnel.:eek:
I wonder how it feels in real life.

Rock&Roll Ninja

Rock&Roll Ninja

Audioholic Field Marshall
That is a freakishly small screen.

Also, will the Klingon devil randomly appear and heckel your choices of movie?

Thaedium

Thaedium

Audioholic
That is a freakishly small screen.

Also, will the Klingon devil randomly appear and heckel your choices of movie?
No to the first, yes to the last :) The screen isn't small by any means, heh. Seems like everyone who takes a look at these pictures and who don't do any follow-up reading have comments like this. The screen is 118" Wide, so if thats small in your neck of the woods... well... good on yah?

The commentary on that link is childish all around for the most part. Which leads me to a gripe I have of sorts... I've been noticing in the last couple of months a huge trend on websites, especially youtube, commentary stating that what you're seeing isn't real, and its all "photoshop". I don't get this nonsense, its like people can't comprehend the possibility of things and immediately have to shoot it down or chalk it up to a fake. The same sort of nonsensical attitude that existed back when people thought the Earth was flat and the Sun rotated around Earth. Ignorance is so trying... I'm not saying there aren't fake things out there, I'm just griping against the overwhelming and immediate condemnation of anything that seems remotely difficult or improbable. The most amusing part of these claims of photoshop'd pictures is that they themselves offer no evidence to their convictions, even when there are well known associations and companies that have reviewed this theatre, and a complete list of equipment being used in it is made available. Astonishing...

Oh, and the equipment this HT is packing btw is this as follows...

Display
Gefen CAB-HDTV-30MM HDTV DVI Exreme Fiber Optic Cable (30 ft.)
Sony Q004R1 Qualia 004 SXRD Front Projector
Sony VPLLZP550 Long Throw Lens for Qualia 004
Stewart BRIC Masking Screen Control Interface
Stewart EMSNH135H 135-inch Horizontal Masking Screen w/Micrpoerf
Control System
Crestron C2ENET-2 Dual Port Ethernet Card
Crestron PRO2 Professional Dual Bus Control System
Crestron TPMC-10-DS Docking Station/Charger
Crestron TPMC-10 Isys i/O WiFi Touchpanel
Audio/Video Sources
Crestron CNXRMC Room Solution Box
DirecTv HR10-250 HD Satellite Receiver w/ TiVo
GuiFX Game Server Computer Gaming System (Custom)
JVC SR-VS30U Mini-DV / VHS Combo Player
Kaleidescape KPLAYER-2500 Kaleidescape Digital Movie Player
Marantz DV9600 Progressive Scan Universal DVD Player
Mitsubishi HSU748 VCR, S-VHS
Pioneer DVL-909 DVD/LD Player
Processing/Amplification
Algolith Mosquito HDMI 3D MPEG Noise Reducer
Gefen EXT-HD-441 4 HDMI x1 DVI HD Switcher
Key Digital KD-MSW8x3 Component & RGBHV Matrix Switcher
JBL S100IC Synthesis Interconnect Kits (2)
JBL S800 2-Channel THX Powered Amplifiers (9)
JBL SDEC2500A THX Digital EQ/Crossover
JBL SDP-40 THX Digital Surround Processor/System Controller
JBL Synthesis K2 Synthesis Hercules System
Speakers
JBL K2S1000DG 3-way Dual 10-inch Hercules Center
JBL K2S9800DG 3-way 15-inch Hercules Floorstanding (2)
JBL S1A Dual 8-inch Dipole Ambient THX Surrounds (4)
JBL S1S-EX 18-inch THX Subwoofers (4)
Power Conditioning/Surge Protection/Battery Back-up
Panamax M1500-UPS Battery Back-up/Surge Protectors (2)
Panamax MAX4400 Rack Mountable Surge Protectors, 20A (9)
Richard Gray RGPC1200 Power conditioner
Miscellaneous
Middle Atlantic ERK-4425 44-Space 25-inch Deep Stand-Alone Rack
Middle Atlantic RRF-45 45-Space Rack Rails, pair (2)
Moto-Fab Aluminum Seating Frame for D-Box (Custom)
Odyssey 340c D-BOX Series 3 Controller
Odyssey 4600p D-BOX XL-series Actuator Set
Pacific Digital MF-810SW 8x10 Memory Frames (2)

Only real question I have is; why not better speakers?

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

No to the first, yes to the last :) The screen isn't small by any means, heh. Seems like everyone who takes a look at these pictures and who don't do any follow-up reading have comments like this. The screen is 118" Wide, so if thats small in your neck of the woods... well... good on yah?
?
Certainly the picture didn't do it correctly, or perhaps it is a somewhat narrow hallway type room that gives it the wrong perspective? How far away are the seats?

Warpdrv

Warpdrv

Audioholic Ninja
I never said I didn't like it... I would have absolutely no problem with that being in my house... and the equipment list is simply amazing...

Just by the looks of it, it seems like the 3 row seats wouldn't have a very good experience... It does really look long and narrow.

People make jokes because they are simply jealous.. I wish I could afford to build something as extrordinary like that... Awe-Inspiring... :)

Thaedium

Thaedium

Audioholic
I have to agree, the pictures are ridiculous. I'm not sure if its a result of the lighting, or because they wanted to give it a different kind of feeling, but a standard polaroid would have been better in this case. Maybe a photo or two with people standing near the screen to help give some perspective as well.

The problem with it being the bridge, is that the bridge was circular, and this room is more of an enlongated oval trying to emulate that. It's like one of those funny rooms in a museum that uses black and white boxes to confuse the eye into believing the room is shaped weird.

Tom Andry

Tom Andry

Speaker of the House
It seems they used some sort of fish eye lens which makes the pictures pretty much all but unusable for determining scale. It does give a nice wide view though. A very interesting theater that I would be glad to own and my wife would be glad to not let me own. :D

yettitheman

yettitheman

Audioholic General
The bins hold cryrogenically frozen food that you can heat up at a moments notice. All it takes is a straw, and a gallon of water :D

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

It seems they used some sort of fish eye lens which makes the pictures pretty much all but unusable for determining scale. It does give a nice wide view though. A very interesting theater that I would be glad to own and my wife would be glad to not let me own. :D
Looking at the picture again, the screen shot is from behind the last row of seating that even has a table in front of it. No wonder it looks so small.

Rock&Roll Ninja

Rock&Roll Ninja

Audioholic Field Marshall
People make jokes because they are simply jealous.. I wish I could afford to build something as extrordinary like that... Awe-Inspiring... :)
I give it the silver medal in Sci-Fi theme theaters.

The gold standard: The Death Star Theater.

and rounding out third: The Bat Cave

The Cave comes in at third, because while technically an awesome project, the end result still looks like the inside of a cow's colon.

Thaedium

Thaedium

Audioholic
The Cave comes in at third, because while technically an awesome project, the end result still looks like the inside of a cow's colon.

ROFLMAO!

That has to be one of the funniest comments I've ever heard on thie site yet, whew... What a laugh I had at that.

Though the Cave gives a whole new meaning to going down to the Den to watch some boob-tube. It has to get oppressive after awhile I'd think.

The Deathstar theatre is excellent. But I bet that great vaulted ceiling was a bit of an accoustical nightmare to sort out. Anyone have some links for more info on it?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis