ht-6230, bolivar speaker works model 18's

sinkheadhxc

sinkheadhxc

Audiophyte
gambled on the purchase of a Yamaha HT-6230 receiver about a year ago at a Goodwill for $50. got home... it worked perfectly. I've also had a pair of Bolivar Speaker Works Model 18's for a few years, but they were missing the woofers when they were given to me. basically, i want to replace the woofers and revamp what needs to be for as little as possible, as well as give the boxes themselves a makeover (a cat scratched up the gorgeous tan covers :( ).

if i'm replacing the woofers, i might as well replace the crossovers while i'm at it, being that the wiring is original (circa late 70's). i've read that the woofers were 4 ohm, and know jack about the mids and tweeters. the reason i'm here is to be given suggestions as to what to put in these that'd make them a good pair for the receiver. my budget is a maximum of $120.

not looking for any kind of insane power by any means (townhouse), and i'm pretty much retarded when it comes to knowledge about audio components being that i play drums lol. pretty much just looking to get these back in business, simple and sweet.

20140416_180140_zps06e11aca.jpg Photo by sinkheadhxc | Photobucket
20140416_180222_zps536d1eb7.jpg Photo by sinkheadhxc | Photobucket

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis