HSU STF-3 issue: update, help choosing options

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
What is here about issue a schematic and service manual that makes it expensive? It does not! Also it gives a living to repair technicians. Middle class people bought the electronics of old and service manuals were always available. For just about any item of 70s and 80s gear you can find and download a service manual in minutes. As we progress to this MBA/marketer driven era, not a fat chance.

There is no excuse for the current state of affairs and there needs to be and should be a change in law.

This disposable electronics trend is polluting the planet with dangerous toxins. Making people pay the TRUE cost of disposal up front with purchase would change things in a hurry. Then longevity would be the key marketing issue.
Besides, the board offers the schematic that any decent electronics tech could figure out anyway. It's not as if they are protecting anything. And nobody is going to be able to compete with China manufacturing anyway so, if anything, China and the likes are only protecting themselves from their own bad patent karma.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Besides, the board offers the schematic that any decent electronics tech could figure out anyway. It's not as if they are protecting anything. And nobody is going to be able to compete with China manufacturing anyway so, if anything, China and the likes are only protecting themselves from their own bad patent karma.
Modern products are not like old point to point wired tube amps. You try and back work a circuit from a modern board You won't. The best tech never would.

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
Modern products are not like old point to point wired tube amps. You try and back work a circuit from a modern board You won't. The best tech never would.
My boss is an electronics engineer for a major defense contractor. If I have a board with an issue, such as was the case with the amp board for my HK computer speakers, he figures it out, and fixes it. Usually overnight and I get it back the next day. I guess I just took it for granted that this was a common practice.

Unless you meant "never would" from some ethical stand point. Either way, I'll ask him how he does it or if it just happens to be, or hopefully is, something visibly obvious.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis