How To use Technics SA-GX190 ON PC

Mr. F

Mr. F

Audiophyte
Hi, I have an old Technics SA-GX190, and I was wondering how I could hook this up to my PC for use with headphones and maybe occasional speaker use.

I listen to music and play games often. I also have an old Sony CDP-291 if that helps at all haha.

I also have 2 Technics speakers that I believe to be Technics SB-CR55 3 Way Speakers 140W 8 ohm.

I would like to use those in a stereo configuration.

Sorry i wasn't able to post pictures or links due to not having enough posts.

I know it's alot to ask but I would like to know if this is possible... Thank you in advance!

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Your Technics SA-GX190 receiver is analog so you need to use dac in the path somewhere.
IE, it could be build-in one or an external one. Which type would work best for you I don't know, but I would surely start testing the "free" option - ie: onboard sound. Get a cable like this one and connect headphones out to CD input on receiver
https://www.monoprice.com/category?c_id=102&cp_id=10218&cs_id=1021815
If you hear too much noise - time to get external dac - this one will do the trick - no need to spend more for these speakers:
http://www.amazon.com/Behringer-UCA202-Audio-Interface/dp/B000KW2YEI/ref=sr_1_1?s=musical-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1444357358&sr=1-1&keywords=behringer+interface+usb
and you'll want to use line out ports on this ,not headphone out and use rca-rca (male) cable like thes ones:
https://www.monoprice.com/Category?c_id=120&cp_id=12004&cs_id=1021814

Mr. F

Mr. F

Audiophyte
I happen to already have those type of cables. I tested it and it worked out pretty great! although I noticed at higher volumes It had a bit of static. I really enjoyed the sound it brought out though. I might end up getting that DAC. (I was actually already looking at getting that DAC a few months ago). I'll test it out more tomorrow and get back to you/ Thank you for the help!!!

Mr. F

Mr. F

Audiophyte
So I finally got around to getting it set up in my room. So far it works alright but there is that humming/white noise sound still. Not so bad at lower volumes but, higher it's more noticable. The noise is on all channels whether it be Phono, VCR1 or CD. Seems like its from the receiver itself. So will the DAC Reduce that noise?

Last edited:
BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
does the noise happens with NO inputs connected?

Mr. F

Mr. F

Audiophyte
oh lol, I don't actually have the speakers connected to it, just my headphones. but when I don't have the rca connected to the back it still make that noise yes.

Last edited:
BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
yes. time to shop for replacement. Repair is mostly likely is not best option.
I'd recommend newer, refub or 2nd hand avrs from CL
With later, make sure to test it before purchase.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis