How to solve stb refsw desi?

Squishman

Squishman

Audioholic General
I am getting "stb refsw desi" displayed on my Yamaha RX-A1060 AVR when switched to the cable HDMI input. I have Comcast or Xfinity cable. I think it means I have a bad audio signal, but I am not entirely sure. I have searched google for answers, but I am not finding any. Does anyone know how to solve this? Is this a Comcast issue or a settings issue?
Thanks!

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
What does Yamaha has to say about this message?

Squishman

Squishman

Audioholic General
I haven't found anything from Yamaha. Do you mean call them?

little wing

little wing

Audioholic General
I don't know what stb refsw desi means or why Yamaha chose these particular letters, but all it is is the default name assigned to each input. All you have to do is go into the menu and rename the input and it goes away. If it's going to be you Cable input simply name it "Comcast Cable" or something like like and you won't see those silly letters anymore when you use that input.

Squishman

Squishman

Audioholic General
Oh cool! Thx LW. Because I do not hear anything wrong with the audio. I just thought it was somehow corrupted or incomplete to the point that is indistiguishable.

little wing

little wing

Audioholic General
Oh cool! Thx LW. Because I do not hear anything wrong with the audio. I just thought it was somehow corrupted or incomplete to the point that is indistiguishable.
Your welcome. No you should be good. Enjoy your receiver

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis