How to play audio files from computer to receiver.

J

John Gavio

Enthusiast
Hello, I am wondering how to go about playing my audio files through my home stereo. I have a Pioneer Elite SX-A9-J which has a USB port and in the manual it says only that you can play audio files at a better resolution than if you were to connect using a headphone to RCA cable. Thing is they do not say whether it is plug and play or if I need some kind of software so as to play it. Not sure if I need a DAC - I have spent the last few hours googling every conceivable way I could think of asking the question so as to get the info I require. My stereo is not hooked up yet as it is still in storage because I was out of the country for a long time so I have not been able to tinker with it. Can anyone shed some light on this for me please? Any and all help would be much appreciated. Thank you very much.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Hi, John. I downloaded your manual and skimmed through it. My impression is that you should be able to connect this to a PC (not sure about a Mac, but hopefully it would work the same) without any additional software and use it essentially (from the computer's perspective) like a set of USB speakers. So, no additional DAC required. It looks relatively plug and play to me, and the manual gives some troubleshooting tips if you don't get audio on the first try.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I would venture to guess that the first time you hook it up, the computer will go find the drivers online to be able to play nice with the Pio.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis