How to connect two subs to a receiver with no 'sub out' option.

J

John Gavio

Enthusiast
Hello am in need of some advice and instructions. I have a Pioneer Elite SX-A9-J receiver and a pair of Focal Chorus 800 V's. I would like to add two subwoofers but do not have a 'sub out' connection on the receiver. I have read online that you can connect the subs by using the same speaker terminals as I use for the Focals. However much of what I have found online is confusing and/or for AV receivers which I do not have. Can someone please explain the benefits of connecting 2 subs (or lack thereof) and explain how to go about connecting properly. I need very detailed and, if possible, simple to understand instructions please. Any and all help/information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Your receiver has "pre outs" on the back. Get subwoofers with right and left line level inputs.

You can connect one subwoofer, via their line level inputs, to each of them. If you want, you can "split" each signal with a F/M/M "Y" connector to feed both R/L inputs on each sub, but it's not necessary.

Or, you can use one sub with right/left line level inputs.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis