how to connect the JBL Control 2.4G speakers

O

Onkel

Audiophyte
Hi,
Just bought the Yamaha RX-V675 reciever. While connecting the speakers i have a problem. I have the wireless JBL Control 2.4G speakers and can not find out where to plug those in. Does anybody knows where to plug those in the receiver?. Thanx for helping.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
First off, the easy part. Here's a copy of the speakers owners manual. On page five, it shows that you would connect the RCA jacks on the back of the JBL transmitter to the RCA preamp ouit jacks for your surround channels.

Now, here's the owners manual for your receiver and it's big brother, the 775.

Now, the hard part. Look carefully at pages 11 and 12 of that manual. While the 775, your receivers big brother, does indeed have the needed preamp out jacks needed to connect your wireless speakers, your 665 lacks that feature. You shoulda bought the 775.

Your only hope is to find something like this that will allow you to convert your speaker outputs into a line level signal usable by the transmitter.

good luck.

macddmac

macddmac

Audioholic General
How about using the zone 2 outs? You wouldn't get digital source output without an external dac but that might work other wise.
Cheers, Mac

O

Onkel

Audiophyte
First off, the easy part. Here's a copy of the speakers owners manual. On page five, it shows that you would connect the RCA jacks on the back of the JBL transmitter to the RCA preamp ouit jacks for your surround channels.

Now, here's the owners manual for your receiver and it's big brother, the 775.

Now, the hard part. Look carefully at pages 11 and 12 of that manual. While the 775, your receivers big brother, does indeed have the needed preamp out jacks needed to connect your wireless speakers, your 665 lacks that feature. You shoulda bought the 775.

Your only hope is to find something like this that will allow you to convert your speaker outputs into a line level signal usable by the transmitter.

good luck.
Thanx for the answer. I was affraid of this, but i have som other speakers that i could use :). I did not buy the big brother because that one cost 407USD more!. so i could live with som more cable in the livingroom :).

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Thanx for the answer. I was affraid of this, but i have som other speakers that i could use :). I did not buy the big brother because that one cost 407USD more!. so i could live with som more cable in the livingroom :).
I think that's a wise decision.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis