How to add outputs to my home theater/receiver?

333Lupito

Audiophyte
Thank you very much for your time in answering my questions..

SIMPLY- I have a receiver and speakers in tv room, I do not have enough outputs on my receiver because I have added two JBL L890's and they use two outputs a piece, as well as another subwoofer, SO I thought that I would get an AMP to power them so my receiver can power the speakers it came with.

My PROBLEM is that I cannot find an amplifier that gives you extra outputs compared to the amount of inputs it requires. Basically I need to gain outputs and power and I am unable to find a AMP that has say one input and four outputs.

Thank you once again for your responses.

I am looking to spend no more than 1,500 for this project and obviously want the best Quaility sound.

PS I don't mind if I have to get two AMPs or any kind of unusual set up as long as this can be achieved!
Thank you!;):D

PSS if needed I can give you the specs/models of receiver speakers etc.

F

fmw

Audioholic Ninja
What you want to do is called passive biamplification. Just don't do it. It accomplishes nothing at all. Put the conductive straps that were included with speakers back on and connect the amps to one of the sets of binding posts - either one.

333Lupito

Audiophyte
Okay you mean the gold plate that connects the two inputs like in the picture I uploaded?

But then I still want to give them (the two JBL's) more power is a stereo amp the best option? Or let me know what you think,
Thank you.

Attachments

F

fmw

Audioholic Ninja
Yes but there needs to be another on the other binding post pair. If you don't have a second one you can connect them with speaker wire. If you want more power you get a more powerful amplifier. Your receiver may or may not be able to drive an external amplifier. We don't know what you have. The chances of having a more powerful amp make a difference in the sound of your system is not at all certain. It would make sense to determine whether you need one before deciding which one you want. You say you want to have more power but I don't think you know if you need more power or whether more power would matter. Unused power doesn't add anything to an audio system.

333Lupito

Audiophyte
I do have both of the gold plates I just only put one on for the picture.

I uploaded pics of my reciever- it has a pre out and I THOUGHT I might be able to connect an amp to that but let me know if it is possible with this receiver. Or adding an amp through any method.. That is if adding more power is going to make a difference..
Supposedly it is 100 watts per channel and is a 7.2 seven speakers and one sub out and one pre out so total 900W combined

Denon AVR-S900W

Thank you fmw!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

F

fmw

Audioholic Ninja
The preouts are for subwoofers. They provide a path to bass management and you should use them with one or more subwoofers. But they aren't appropriate for anything else. Your receiver doesn't have what is required to use external amplification. Probably not a big deal. Hook up those gold straps and enjoy the system.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis