How much should i pay for install??

B

bwhenkaline

Audioholic Intern
How much should i pay to have someone come over and hook up a 5.1 system to a plasma and a ps3, DVR, and a wii. they would only have to pull wire for the rears under the floor. I would have they installer calibrate everything as well.

I

InTheIndustry

Senior Audioholic
How much should i pay to have someone come over and hook up a 5.1 system to a plasma and a ps3, DVR, and a wii. they would only have to pull wire for the rears under the floor. I would have they installer calibrate everything as well.
It all depends on the layout of the room and how "easy" it is to get wire from one place to the other.

Typically with my company we would charge $700-$800 and include all speaker wire, interconnects, wall plates, mount (if flat on wall), and remote programming for something like that if it didn't invlove anything dramatic like removing trim or carpet, etc.

*NOTE: Labor rates can vary depending on which part of the country you're in as well. Quality of work, work experience, etc. all add up as well. Some guys will work for what amounts to lunch for the week, but that doesn't mean they're good at their job. If someone's really cheap, it's usually for a reason.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Just going to agree that you should find someone insured and that has a business license and expect to pay typical labor rates of $60-$100 an hour depending on your area, and then depending on the complexity of the installation, multiply out the hours accordingly, expecting at least a four hour minimum, but likely a full day.

B

bwhenkaline

Audioholic Intern
so i got a quote for $300 for a licensed and business owner to come over and hook up.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis