How much louder is the svs subwoofer?

Aaron Bilger

Aaron Bilger

Audioholic
Hi all I have been really looking at the svs pb-2000 subwoofer and wanted to know how much louder would it be than my current Klipsch sw112? And is it worth the upgrade? I don't plan on spending anymore than $800 on a subwoofer that kicks ass in sound and loudness.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
SVS's thing isn't extreme loudness, it is deep, clean bass. The SVS subs have a lot of deep bass output, and it has very low distortion. It you want something that is simply louder than your Klipsch, there are better choices. For example, here is a $800 sub that will get many times louder than the SVS 12" subs. It doesn't really dig deep, but boy howdy will it get loud.

Aaron Bilger

Aaron Bilger

Audioholic
SVS's thing isn't extreme loudness, it is deep, clean bass. The SVS subs have a lot of deep bass output, and it has very low distortion. It you want something that is simply louder than your Klipsch, there are better choices. For example, here is a $800 sub that will get many times louder than the SVS 12" subs. It doesn't really dig deep, but boy howdy will it get loud.
I get where you are going but i've used PA subwoofers in home theater and for music it's just not my liking in sound. Sound is a huge thing for me but so is loudness I had also thought maybe I should buy a second subwoofer of the same klipsch subwoofer but that would either be beside it or stacked on top of the same subwoofer I don't have a lot of space in my bedroom.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
SVS will give you quality bass, I don't know about "loud". SVS will just give you deep, impactful, powerful and quality bass. Quite impressive actually.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Aaron Bilger

Aaron Bilger

Audioholic
What do any of you think if I got a second Klipsch sw112?

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
The Klipsch subs are not bad for the money when you can get a discount on them. At full MSRP or near that, you can do better.

Aaron Bilger

Aaron Bilger

Audioholic
The Klipsch subs are not bad for the money when you can get a discount on them. At full MSRP or near that, you can do better.
What subwoofer would be better for me to buy? my max money I can spend right is $400

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
What subwoofer would be better for me to buy my max money I can spend right is $400
RSL has a 399 subwoofer they call a speedwoofer 10 I think? I hear it's pretty good.

S

SubAHolic

Audioholic Intern
I agree with above posters.. SVS sub designs are not focused around playing loud. They have really clean and tight bass. They won't appeal to general public looking for boomy loud sounding thumping bass.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
I agree with above posters.. SVS sub designs are not focused around playing loud. They have really clean and tight bass. They won't appeal to general public looking for boomy loud sounding thumping bass.
I myself hate boomy bass, drives me insane. I like tight, clean bass which is why I guess I'm a fan of SVS. The PB-1000 is pretty awesome for it's price. I am impressed with it.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Considering your post history and budget, the pro Sound sub that Shady mentioned is your best bet. Loud and cheap are not in your cards. The HSU vtf3 us about the only sub I'd recommend and then based on your habits, you could very well destroy it. Your goal needs a realistic budget. IMHO you should build a sub with your budget. The Dayton 18" ultimax with the right power and dsp will give you what your looking for. The sub is better in a sealed alignment and hits some serious low bass with high output. If not save up for a JTR captivator 1400, great price for the output

I get where you are going but i've used PA subwoofers in home theater and for music it's just not my liking in sound. Sound is a huge thing for me but so is loudness I had also thought maybe I should buy a second subwoofer of the same klipsch subwoofer but that would either be beside it or stacked on top of the same subwoofer I don't have a lot of space in my bedroom.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis