How fast will prices fall on Yamaha RX-V2500?

R

rower8899

Enthusiast
I'm new to the forum here and have been surfing for a few months. Anyway, I have been leaning heavy toward the 2500 and now with the 2600 coming out it might drive the price down a few more $s. Since I am trying to get the most bang for the buck and figure that I will not need all the "new" options on the 2600, how fast will the prices fall and how long until the 2500 will not be available? Just trying to time the market and looking for input from others who may have done this in the past.

In another thread I noticed that a reference to ABT (authorized dealer) and a price of $620, but when I looked online I see $1000 for the 2500. Do I need to call the dealer to get the best price? Is that the case with most dealers, call to get the best price?

Thanks in advace for the help and advice.

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
rower8899 said:
I'm new to the forum here and have been surfing for a few months. Anyway, I have been leaning heavy toward the 2500 and now with the 2600 coming out it might drive the price down a few more $s. Since I am trying to get the most bang for the buck and figure that I will not need all the "new" options on the 2600, how fast will the prices fall and how long until the 2500 will not be available? Just trying to time the market and looking for input from others who may have done this in the past.

In another thread I noticed that a reference to ABT (authorized dealer) and a price of $620, but when I looked online I see $1000 for the 2500. Do I need to call the dealer to get the best price? Is that the case with most dealers, call to get the best price?

Thanks in advace for the help and advice.
It's down to $579. If you look at the RXV 2400, they're going for $519 refurbed. So to answer your question, probably not a lot more. Just be careful where you purchase it, as the warranty is void through many online etailers.

http://www.pricegrabber.com/search_getprod.php?masterid=4926721&search=rxv+2500

http://www.bizrate.com/marketplace/search/search__cat_id--11070000,prod_id--11304085.html

R

rower8899

Enthusiast
Thanks for the advice. I will continue the online search and hit a couple of local stores this weekend. Hopefully I will just be able to pick it up locally for better service, but so far I have not been impressed-with the service that is...

Bryguy

Bryguy

Audioholic
I'm not sure where you live but if you are near the DC metro area (DC,VA,MD) Myer Emco will lower the price for their warehouse sale once the 2600 comes out. They hold this sale every so often along with other special sales to move older (still new within the last year) inventory.

Bryguy

R

rower8899

Enthusiast
The closest metro area for me would be Denver CO. I didn't get too much done today, but maybe tomorrow I can hit a few stores.

K

Kaduvakuttan

Audiophyte
Rxv 2500,

Hi, I am new to this Forum & in Kuwait. Here RXV 2500 is very expensive, around 1200$, But when I checked in the net like ebuy, the price is only half of it. The dealer in Kuwait informed that the power supply will be only 110 v , which u are going to get it from US. Is it true, since the spec shows, full voltage range of 110--240V. We need 240V, to run the system. Kindly give yours feedback.
with regards
Kaduva

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis