How do movies sound with Athena Audition series speakers?

I

irvin

Junior Audioholic
Just ordered some Athena audition series speakers (should be here next week)just want some opinions on how action movies sound on them (hi's, low's, midrange)

Setup
fronts: as-f1
center: as-c1
rears: as-r1

ducker

ducker

Full Audioholic
clear and crisp!!

I actually get bummed out when watching a non action movie... as I miss out on getting washed over with sound.

I lows are really good... even with my crossover set to 60, and the speakers set to small, I get decent low/mid sound from the fronts during standard TV watching. The center channel is quite nice, as it cuts dialog right through the two mains to be easily heard even during loud scenes.

I'm not sure about my rears (I have the same as you ordered but 3 of them). I'm not sure if I would be happier with B1 or B2's instead of the R1's. I feel they put out enough sound that I get a really good effect during movies like Top Gun DTS, or Lord of The Rings.

For my budget, I don't think I could of gotten anything better... I spent under $650for the 6 speakers. (purchased the 3 R1's used - ebay, C1 via online vender, 2 F2's best buy clearance)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis