How do i convert and burn video to dvd

N

new111

Audiophyte
Today a lot of people have DVDs and some also don't know how to make dvds by themselves. There are many file formats such as Avi, Divx, Wmv, Asf, Xvid, Mpeg, DAT(vcd format), Mov(QuickTime media), etc. You have to convert the source file to the DVD(VOB) VCD SVCD compatilbe mpeg format, and then burn the Mpeg file to video disc so that you can play the movies on your home DVD Players. This guide will tell you how to convert and burn video to DVD.

HOW TO CONVERT AND BURN VIDEO TO DVD

1.Download a powerful software(I prefer to use ULTRA DVD CREATOR, and I think it's the best one I've used) and install it.

2.Click the Video Disc Creator button, then choose output disc type DVD SVCD or VCD.

Figure 1: e.g. choose DVD disc

3.Click "Add Files" to load the source video file(s):

Figure 2:

Notice (if you use ULTRA DVD CREATOR):

**The source video file must be played with your Window Media Player. Otherwise you should install more codec.

**Total duration of all source video files must be smaller than a disc capability.

**You must organise all the files to a correct order ,because the output disc will play as the source-list order.

4.When organised all the video files OK, click "Run" to begin to convert:

5. Set the Parameters of your output file(s):

Figure 3:

Output Folder: the destination of your DVD file.

TV Type: NTSC is widely used in US, Japnan, Canada, Asia, and American Continent and Pal is widely used in Western Europ.

Aspect Ration: 4:3 is used in nornal TV and 16:9 is used in HDTV.

6. When all the options is OK, click "Start" button to create a disc:

Figure 4:

Note: Don't forget to put a disc in your re-writer drive.

OK, now you can enjoy your favorite movies/videos on your home DVD Players.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
Good post, thanks...

Do you know of any way I can convert my DVD's to something that will fit onto a CD, preferably something in .avi or .wmv format? I can't install dvd movie software on the pc here at work, but I can use windows media player, and put in a cd, or a flash drive and play stuff, and I don't have a flash drive large enough to hold a compressed DVD.

MACCA350

MACCA350

Audioholic Chief
Sounds like a sales pitch to me:mad:

There are heaps of free software out there that can help and here is a great site for information.

cheers:)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis