how did you place your rear bookshelves ?

J

johnytheboy

Audiophyte
i've got 3 rear lsi 9's, that are 33 lbs a piece, and i'm thinking won't attach to the wall too nicely..... stands, at roughly 48 inches to get them 2' above my head would be just asking for trouble with a 33lbs load on top

so i ask, what is your setup, what can you reccomend ?

D

dloweman

Audioholic
I have mine on stands roughly 36 inches high. That puts the tweeter about a foot above your head. Don't want to go much lower than that I don't think.

S

sjdgpt

Senior Audioholic
johnytheboy said:
i've got 3 rear lsi 9's, that are 33 lbs a piece, and i'm thinking won't attach to the wall too nicely..... stands, at roughly 48 inches to get them 2' above my head would be just asking for trouble with a 33lbs load on top

so i ask, what is your setup, what can you reccomend ?
I own LSi 9's and 7's.

The LSi 9's are not designed for wall attachment. Too heavy, yes, but Polk also doesn't recommend the 9's due to poor bass reinforcement when placed close to the wall.

I agree the 9's are too heavy for a standard tall stand. There may be a HD stand that will take the weight, but then why should you spend $500 for a set of stands for $900 speakers?

I have my 7's sitting on the top of bookcase units. I think it is toooo high, and will try moving my 7's down into the bookcase. But I don't think your 9's will like the bookcases due to bass reinforcement. If you had shorter bookcases, you could use try using the top shelf as the base for the 9's.

Bottom line, do you need 9's for your surrounds? 7's may be a friendly speaker for the surrounds.

J

johnytheboy

Audiophyte
any other suggestions ? someone out there has got to have a great idea

Malakei

Malakei

Junior Audioholic
tv mount?

Perhaps try a heavy duty smaller tv wall mount? If your getting one for a tv for lets say 13-16 inches which i think should hold your speaker... it will be built to carry proally 50lbs if not more.... check out a few a/v accessories places im sure they would have something in your price range... Another good thing about maybe using a tv mount is their flexibility on where you place them because they have a swivel and tilv option usually... altho i dont suggest you use the tilt option if they are taller speakers..

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis