Home theater, mp3s, internet radio multi zones??

D

dina@dinamande.com

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>I have a crappy old stereo in the living room and the tv with a cheap RCA surround sound system in the bedroom. I'd like to upgrade both and have one unit that acommodates multiple zones.

I've been researching home theater systems and came dangerously close to shelling for the booze Lifestyle 28 today while on a trip to Frye's for a ten dollar thing of printer ink. I came home and read some reviews about booze, mostly negative (Better Off With Something Else, apparently.)

Anyway, do any of you have a home theater setup you're happy with that you'd like to recommend?

Here's my wishlist.
Plays DVDs, CDs, mp3s with surround sound in the main room
Multi-room capability (music in the living room, bedroom, patio)
Has some way of either streaming, storing or being wired up to my Mac G4 to play MP3s and Internet Radio
Sounds good and costs less than $1,000

All advice appreciated, including a dummy's guide on what to look for (watts, hz, volts, whatever) or if I'm better off going with a receiver, DVD, speakers as separate units?</font>

Yamahaluver

Yamahaluver

Audioholic General
<font color='#0000FF'>http://www.yamaha.com/cgi-win/webcgi.exe/DsplyModel/?gRSY00010YHT-34

Take a look at this. For streaming music from your Mac, onkyo receivers have this feature to do so.</font>

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis