B

Bennythebull

Audiophyte
I am in the process of building out my basement and one section will be our entertainment / home theater room. Room will be used predominantly to watch movies, TV shows, etc. but some instances of watching a ball game. Maybe a 70/30 split. I have the opportunity to purchase a 92" StudioTek 130G3 micro perf screen from a friend (unopened) from friend for like 1/2 price. He was proposing that I purchase an Epson Pro Cinema 6030 projector to go with it. Is this the right choice for my situation? Room will have dimmable can lights and painted darker color. 3 speakers in wall behind screen, 2 in ceiling and 3 in back wall. Not an issue to have room dark during movies. But for games, typ. not blacked out environment. Will I be ok with that projector?

B

Bennythebull

Audiophyte
Am I possibly in the wrong section of the forum? Can anyone help?

JohnnieB

JohnnieB

Senior Audioholic
I'm not sure how many people have a projector, let alone that particular model. I have considered one, to help declutter the living room. Epson seems to be a brand synonamous with quality in projection technology. I don't think you could go wrong brand wise. Can't offer any advice on performance. Sounds lke the room would be setup pretty well. If you get it, let us know your experience and thoughts on it.

R

ReUpRo

Full Audioholic
I cannot comment on the choice of screen and projector.

In the lighting considerations, any light falling on the screen will cause the image to lose color and contrast, be "washed out". Create two zones, such that lights above and nearest to the screen (basically, all those that throw light on our around the screen) can be dimmed independent of the rest of the room.

P

Plexmulti9

Junior Audioholic
The projector is excellent. We use it all of the time and is, IMO, the most well rounded, best featured projectors on the market. I would question your screen size choice. We have a 6030 on a 180" Da-Lite JKP screen in our design center and it's brilliant. Unless you have a tiny room or are sitting quite close, my advice would be to go larger.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis