Home Theater Demo Disc

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
For anyone out there who hasn't already started downloading anything. Skip the Reelwood Demo disc. It has no menu structure, or at least what I downloaded didn't. So unless you're going to play from a BD or NAS or something, where you can select the scene you want skip it. It's a real pain to have to FF through 25 clips since some don't have the chapter skip available.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
For anyone out there who hasn't already started downloading anything. Skip the Reelwood Demo disc. It has no menu structure, or at least what I downloaded didn't. So unless you're going to play from a BD or NAS or something, where you can select the scene you want skip it. It's a real pain to have to FF through 25 clips since some don't have the chapter skip available.
I totally agree, it wasn't a bad disc, but not being able to easliy skip was awful. I was playing it back on a pc so I could easily skip to the end of each clip, but there are better discs out there.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Played with another disc and tried Pulse and dang that made the sub workout like crazy. Gotta get that movie, even though it got bad re-views.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Played with another disc and tried Pulse and dang that made the sub workout like crazy. Gotta get that movie, even though it got bad re-views.
Yea Pulse is always a fun one to play for guests. Unfortunately one of my favorite scenes to play as a demo if the guest enjoys reference level playback isn't on any of the demos. It's the scene from Pacific Rim where the Kaiju bangs through the Kaiju shelter. It sounds like the ceiling is collapsing from above.

Then again, there's the scene I borrowed from Dr. Mark. Mahler BD's opening to Symphony No. 5. Every single person I've showed that to has loved it, and that includes ages 12-50+. Teens who hate classical music love that scene :D

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
This one? I thought you had it?

lol there was a scene from Inception(cab scene) that made me jump twice.:eek:

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I do have it, I said the SCENE I borrowed ;) Oddly enough, I don't think I've watched Inception since I had the Outlaw subwoofer. Perhaps I'll have to pop it in before I move.

Y

Yamaheart

Full Audioholic
Hi Fuzz092888, can you PM me the Torrent link. Thanks

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Hi Fuzz092888, can you PM me the Torrent link. Thanks
I'll look to see if I still have them. If not I can probably find the links to the threads they're in. Just PM your e-mail address.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Afterlife asked me to look into whether there were any 3D demo discs out there. So of course I wandered over to AVS where I found all the rest. I just downloaded a new 3D demo disc and it's actually pretty good. Very basic menu structure, but everything is smooth and it flows well. Superleo and company are making a 3D demo disc similar to the Reference BD Demo and Reference BD Demo 2 that they've already made, but it's not finished yet. Until then, this is an excellent 3D Demo.

A

andyblackcat

Audioholic General
TOTAL RECALL (2012) Dolby Stereo TrueHD 5.1 (without audio drop-outs) Playing though Sony BDP-S550 own Dolby TrueHD decoder to Onkyo TX-SR875 AVR multich direct to SDDS DFP-D3000 to THX sound system, to JBL.

The shootout starting at end of chapter 10 "SHOOT!" 1:14:27, 1:14:33 machine-gun firing though to chapter 11.

Just as Douglas Quaid / Carl Hauser and Melina, exit the lift, machine-gun blitzes across room form the rear punching bullet holes into the hallway walls with fragments flying around 1:15:12 the depth of the bass on the JBL 8330 (THX approved) as a realism.

(Kate Beckinsale) plays a mean bitch, Lori Quaid.

1:16:11 shooting 1:16:13 Harry Gregson-Williams score kicks in bit more with more mirage of gun firing.

A little of my own diy expansion surround overhead with below surround when elevator lift explodes just after Lori, plants a magnetic explosive.

1:16:54 robot goes for the lift shaft, while one LFE.1 slams it, into pieces!! Makes me jolt in the rocker seats with lows occasionally reaching below 20Hz.

Last edited:
Y

Yogi patel

Audiophyte
You must have utorrent or another similar program in order to get it, but if you PM me your e-mail address I can e-mail you the torrent file (I can't remember where I got the torrent file from), which should allow you to start downloading it. You can also go to AVS and try to find the link to the torrent, although scubasteve isn't providing support for it anymore I believe. Once you start downloading the torrent you should set your upload limit to the minimum and the download limit to the max, this will help speed things up, but may still take a few days. If you want I can send you the torrent files for the other two reference HT demo discs as well.

Make sure you have plenty of space, they are 49.59 GB, 40GB, and 37GB each.
Is there anyway u can send me the links for this reference demo disc also please?

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
2015 Bass Demo Disc

Reelwood Demo Disc

Re-downloading Home Theater Demonstration BD V2

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis