Home Surround into Suburban

M

Madddjohn63

Audiophyte
I have a 460watt amp,capacitor, 7 band EQ, and I keep burning home speakers. I wish to install a surround inside the suburban. I was using 115watt max input kl777a speakers and blew a capacitor in each speaker then eventually the woofers. I want to put a 5.1 in. Speakers attached to gun racks in the rear side glass and my yamaha sub, which seems to be holding. Is this possible?

J

jkgsxr

Junior Audioholic
Is the Yama ha sub an active home audio sub running on a power inverter?

M

Madddjohn63

Audiophyte
I was told by an audio/shop owner that he has a pair of 13&3/8" woofers that can handle my suburban setup, but I wanna bring the house speakers inside and add them to my yamaha surround or to another receiver. I need the room in the rear of my suburban. They're an old set of kenwoods. Paper cone- I'll paint them black. I'm using a 5.1 with an extra subwoofer. So the yamaha is free to use. If I get a 500 watt surround, plus the 130watt sub, will it function? I was told by someone that the ohms difference is what fried my woofers. I guess the kenwood kl777a is considered a 15" home speaker, although the actual size of the woofers is 13&3/8. Input is 115 watts max. When I first blew the caps in each unit, I replaced the caps and soldered heavier wire from the plate to the cone-hence FRIED one and the other rattles. I want to put a gun rack on each side, bolt some high output surround, hang my fishing poles on them and have full range stereo. Those house speakers rocked for a year before I turned the amp up too much and the 7 band boss eq helped. I want more than I can get with 2-4x6 dash, 2-6"& 2 4x10's in the very rear of the cabin. I've built cars all my life and done my own work(being poor) so I can hide wiring. I'm just ignorant when it comes to the difference between car and home audio. I saw a nice, high watt surround system at the pawn shop and it came with a DVD player. 79.00? I will check each speaker with my volt meter for ohms, but I need help with this. My amp does have an ohm? Adjustment. I'll have to look again.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis