High quality sound albums

djreef

djreef

Audioholic Chief
Damn Peng!

I'm guessing you had a few extra minutes today o_O.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
I was listening to your No.10 today, disk still in the player. I have No.58 and play it often.

Comment on your No.92, I have a CD "Little Village" from 1991, which was a collaboration of Ry Cooder, John Hiatt, Jim Keltner & Nick Lowe, exceptionally well recorded.

As for some of the Pink Floyd, I do wish we had better recording technology when they laid down those tracks.

A couple others I really like for the overall quality of engineering and mixing are:

Sting, Ten Summoners Tales
Bruce Springsteen, Tunnel Of Love
Peter Gariel, So
Fiona Apple, Tidal

All on CD for me.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
I was listening to your No.10 today, disk still in the player. I have No.58 and play it often.

Comment on your No.92, I have a CD "Little Village" from 1991, which was a collaboration of Ry Cooder, John Hiatt, Jim Keltner & Nick Lowe, exceptionally well recorded.

As for some of the Pink Floyd, I do wish we had better recording technology when they laid down those tracks.

A couple others I really like for the overall quality of engineering and mixing are:

Sting, Ten Summoners Tales
Bruce Springsteen, Tunnel Of Love
Peter Gariel, So
Fiona Apple, Tidal

All on CD for me.
Try some of the classical one, you may be impressed and they will sound good through those R500s. I know so because I have the LS50 and R900, they are good enough for classical music.

B

BarthrenK

Audiophyte
Does anyone know of a forum or somewhere I could find a list of well recorded vinyl albums, based on their sound quality?

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
Does anyone know of a forum or somewhere I could find a list of well recorded vinyl albums, based on their sound quality?
I saw in another thread that you've got some speakers from Kingsport, TN. Do you live in the Tri-Cities? Have you checked out the used vinyl at Mr. K's in JC? That'd be a pretty low risk way to sample many albums, then sell back what you don't like. By the way, welcome to Audioholics!

B

BarthrenK

Audiophyte
Yes, my speakers are from Watkins in Kingsport. I have family there and travel in often so I will visit Mr. K's. Thanks for the tip!

Dan Madden

Dan Madden

Audioholic
Universally in my centuries of listening to recorded music (ok...maybe not that long!), the quality of the care that went into the recording, mastering and production has always been more important from a listening point of view than the format it is pressed on. I AM a big fan of hi-res music formats but not all stuff is pressed on them. I have CD's that knock my socks off and sound as good as anything I have heard in Hi-Res formats. I also have Hi-res stuff on BD that make me cry they sound so good.

Here are just a few of my top examples of recordings that will make you cry regardless on what you play them back on..... (Well.......within certain really bad system limits of course!!)

Patricia Barber - "Nightclub" (Turn down the lights!)

Diana Krall - "Love Scenes" (Turn down the lights!)

Anything GRP or Dave Grusin (Benchmark stuff!!)

Chris Botti - "Live in Boston" on Blu Ray (My BD benchmark for how good a BD can sound and look!)

Eagles - "Hell freezes over" on DVD. MUST be played in DTS format for maximum effect !!

Steely Dan- "Two against Nature" on DVD. MUST be played in DTS for maximum effect. Great test of your sub's bass ability to play 'tight' !

Anything Patty Larkin.......specifically "Angels Running". Best folk album EVER witnessed by me for recording quality and performance!

You can thank me later!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis