High frequency response(lack thereof)

audioman00

Audioholic
I really hate the coloration of EQ's , but I really miss the emphasis on the treble. I do want to hear the music in it's purest form but I am mostly a rocker, I think with this genre of music you need good treble response. Maybe it's just my jaded ears! I miss the detail in the high frequency region the eq seemed to add. What can I do? replace the speakers, amp, etc. ?? I have a YAMAHA RX-V690 80wpc clean sounding receiver. Monster Cable Interlink 400 MKII interconnects, as well as MonsterXp speaker cable for the main speakers (AR 318PS). I do love my system's overall depth and soundstage overall, but it just seems to lack the high end pretty bad. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Brandon.

A

av_phile

Senior Audioholic
Doesn't you treble control on the receiver boost the highs enough?

audioman00

Audioholic
Not really, I think maybe the yammi is way to neutral sounding. I just cannot get any real highs out of it/ thanks for reply.

A

av_phile

Senior Audioholic
audioman00 said:
Not really, I think maybe the yammi is way to neutral sounding. I just cannot get any real highs out of it/ thanks for reply.
I once had a similar impression with my first Rotel RMb1066 amps. I soon discovered the tweeters on the Wharfedales were busted. Replacing the tweeters restored the trebel details.

Also you may want to look the room accoustics. There may be too much absorbent material eating away the highs before reaching your ears.

But if you had to use an EQ, I'd suggest to go the parametric route. They make excellent control for the frequencies you can select yourself and their 'Q' settings.

A

av_phile

Senior Audioholic
audioman00 said:
I once had a similar impression with my first Rotel RMb1066 amps. I soon discovered the tweeters on the Wharfedales were busted. Replacing the tweeters restored the trebel details.

The Yamaha is perceived as a bright sounding amp by most members in our local forum compared to the Onkyos and Denons. you may want to look at the room accoustics. There may be too much absorbent material eating away the highs before reaching your ears.

But if you had to use an EQ, I'd suggest to go the parametric route. They make excellent control for the frequencies you can select yourself and their 'Q' settings.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis