high end vintage pioneer stereo receiver RX-731

Fredhizzle

Fredhizzle

Junior Audioholic
I am selling this high end vintage pioneer stereo receiver. it has a total of 380 watts. thats 190watts per channel! all the features work it's in excellent shape. Im asking $80 w/o shipping message me your zip to calculate ups shipping. I don't have the manual and I dont know the specs I tried to look them up online but I could not find them.

Last edited by a moderator:
P

perryblue

Audiophyte
Pioneer RX 731

Why are you selling this receiver? I bought mine a long time ago and had a power surge and it messed mine up. I have the remote and manual. My zip is 21804. Do you have any of the components that was sold with the system? Thank you for your reply.:

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Why are you selling this receiver? I bought mine a long time ago and had a power surge and it messed mine up. I have the remote and manual. My zip is 21804. Do you have any of the components that was sold with the system? Thank you for your reply.:
Welcome to the forum!

Fred hasn't been on the forum for over a year, so I wouldn't hold out for a response. He might have subscribed to this thread to get an e-mail, but it's been over 3.5 years since he posted it. Just wanted to let you know.

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
This looks exactly like the stereo my wife had when we met back in the late 80's. I think my Mom is still using it to this very day.

Bumping some necro-threads are worth the memories.

M

Mark#1975

Audiophyte
This is the exact Pioneer Stereo I need. I moved, and now mine has some problems. It is the Model RX731. I am also looking for the CD Player PD-M430 that holds 5 cds. It appears the lights in the window to the AM-FM tuner (attached to the receiver) are not working. And one of the cassette decks is not turning the tape on the cassette. I live in a very rural area. Is there anyone that works on these systems?

M

Mark#1975

Audiophyte
I made an error in the above question. My CD player is a 6 disc player, not a 5 disc.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Wouldn't it be a better idea to move on to current technology? This is a very old thread, and not likely to get any response with the long obsolete CD changer. There are a few still made, but consider why the market for them has evaporated. Ripping. Streaming. That's where it's gone, especially for the long play times that make a CD changer more desirable than the far more common single disk players that you can still get. Cassettes are even further away. Technicians who will fix those components are getting hard to find too because current technology is usually more cost effective than repair. Time and hard to find parts are both expensive.

Look to get current or just dive in an find one of those 100 disk players.

M

maSpain77

Audiophyte
Sorry to revive such an old thread. Somebody asked why, here is why... I have one like this, recently acquired complete with PL203AZ turn table, 6 disc cd changer, tower speakers, remote control, manuals, and even the $1,500 receipt from 1991. Still works, 100%! xD

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis