HiFiMAN SuperMini DAP Preview

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Looking for a super light weight super high quality portable player? HiFiMAN may have just your thing with their new SuperMini digital audio player. In addition to offering exceptional sound quality, the HiFiMAN Supermini supports all lossless file formats including DSD. With expandable memory up to 256 GB via micro SD card, 22 hours of playtime, and a MSRP of $399 this might be the best all around lightweight DAP. Read on to find out more.

Read: HiFiMAN SuperMini DAP Preview

Wayde Robson

Wayde Robson

Audioholics Anchorman
I've always wanted to know but have been afraid to ask...

When using a digital audio player such as this, or a cell phone or competitors like FIIO X5 for instance. Is it possible to output (I think they should have a micro-USB out) in bitstream to an external DAC/Amp?

If you wanted to use an external DAC/amp wouldn't it that be the ultimate goal? Unless I'm mistaken, I don't know how that would work but wouldn't it hurt the audio signal to have it DAC'd at the player, (then I assume..) turned back into a bitstream (carrying with it the DAC1 alteration) then out to the DAC/amp you really want to use... hence, wouldn't you be getting an impure audio signal to the DAC/amp?

I hope I'm making sense. I know the topic of 'double amping' has been well-covered, this is like a variation on that.

Thanks

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis