3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Departing from my regular shallow based action glicks, I watched a real gem of a movie on recommendation from a colleague at work. I learned a litte something about NASA in its early days and yhe stuggles within its organization with racism. This film is based on 3 actual black women and their struggles to be accepted as peers and to overcome racism within NASA. This movie is a solid 8.5 out of 10 an well worth the watch.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Departing from my regular shallow based action glicks, I watched a real gem of a movie on recommendation from a colleague at work. I learned a litte something about NASA in its early days and yhe stuggles within its organization with racism. This film is based on 3 actual black women and their struggles to be accepted as peers and to overcome racism within NASA. This movie is a solid 8.5 out of 10 an well worth the watch.
Was it racism or feminism issues, women cannot do the work or shouldn't be listened to.

This was brought up in an episode of the TV series Time After Time as well.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Was it racism or feminism issues, women cannot do the work or shouldn't be listened to.

Both but racism was also prevalent ss shown by the colored bathrooms, colored seating at the back of the bus, even the interaction between the girls snd the white administrative staff.

Last edited:
slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Racism was also prevalent ss shown by the colored bathrooms, colored seating at the back of the bus, even the interaction between the girls snd the white administrative staff.
Excellent movie! Definitely the best new film that I saw for the year.

It's not exactly clear in the film (or I missed it). But, I'm assuming this story must have taken place in Houston, TX. I know Houston is where NASA mission control has always been.

Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
I flew cross country this last week to Atlanta and got a chance to see it on the flight. The comments here are spot on in my opinion. It was a really engaging movie. Worth seeing and worth getting others to see. Especially that guy you know that doesn't think women can do math or technical stuff. Yeah, that guy.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Thumbs up from me!
This is one of those movies that doesn't have such a compelling plot; however, the execution of the movie made it one of the best movies I have seen this year!
Excellent movie!

M

Methodical

Audioholic
Is it out on Blu-ray. My wife and I were just talking about this movie. She saw it in the theater. I typically wait for movies to hit the shelves.

Thanks for the review of it.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Is it out on Blu-ray. My wife and I were just talking about this movie. She saw it in the theater. I typically wait for movies to hit the shelves.

Thanks for the review of it.
Even used ones are available on Amazon....

little wing

little wing

Audioholic General

Oh, it was definitely racism. Check it out when you get a chance.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Very well acted, story was a bit flat honestly, but the actual event portrayal was very good. The fact that she's still alive was excellent too. Ultimately it felt very positive and I enjoyed it.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I was paying attention to the math and some of it didn't seem right. I'll go over my calculations and report back later.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis