Hi There Everyone Newbie Here With Some Problems!!!

T

The_Maxx

Audiophyte
Hi there i am a newbie here I will explain my problem PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

i hope you guys can make me solve it

I have an old 135 WATT RCA Home Theatre/Hi-Fi Series Model ED-3600F which includes 2 surround speakers the center speaker and A B speakers (supposedly every speaker is 8 ohm) and also it has Dolby surround (the basic one, cuz this A/V receiver is old, hey! my uncle passed it to me!! what can I say!)

anyway, here is my prob.

I have connected to this A/V reciever:

*PC, to gain more audio experience when playing halo and also to hear my music as rear speakers (my front PC speakers are the VS 4121 Altec Lansing)

*DVD

*TV

*VCR

*CD

*Tuner

*TAPE

The thing is that when I connect my pc to the AV receiver and switch to the video 3 channel to hear it I hear a hummmmmm that is very annoying, and i want to get rid of it but I don't know how!!

I have done several tests like just connecting the computer to the receiver and the result is that it works perfect, but at the time that I also connect my tv audio channels or VCR audio cahnnels to the Stereo OR just connect the audio channels from the DVD to my AV receiver and the video cables directly to the TV it makes that damn hummmm thing.

I'm desperate and don't know how to fix this thing.

PLEASE GUYS HELP I have searched for help but no one around this city knows how to fix my issue. And i don't think that my receiver needs to be fixed, because it works perfectly.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
:D
The_Maxx said:
Hi there i am a newbie here I will explain my problem PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

i hope you guys can make me solve it

I have an old 135 WATT RCA Home Theatre/Hi-Fi Series Model ED-3600F which includes 2 surround speakers the center speaker and A B speakers (supposedly every speaker is 8 ohm) and also it has Dolby surround (the basic one, cuz this A/V receiver is old, hey! my uncle passed it to me!! what can I say!)

anyway, here is my prob.

I have connected to this A/V reciever:

*PC, to gain more audio experience when playing halo and also to hear my music as rear speakers (my front PC speakers are the VS 4121 Altec Lansing)

*DVD

*TV

*VCR

*CD

*Tuner

*TAPE

The thing is that when I connect my pc to the AV receiver and switch to the video 3 channel to hear it I hear a hummmmmm that is very annoying, and i want to get rid of it but I don't know how!!

I have done several tests like just connecting the computer to the receiver and the result is that it works perfect, but at the time that I also connect my tv audio channels or VCR audio cahnnels to the Stereo OR just connect the audio channels from the DVD to my AV receiver and the video cables directly to the TV it makes that damn hummmm thing.

I'm desperate and don't know how to fix this thing.

PLEASE GUYS HELP I have searched for help but no one around this city knows how to fix my issue. And i don't think that my receiver needs to be fixed, because it works perfectly.

You have a classic case of ground loop problem from the TV cable going to the stereo through the VCR or another video source that the TV cable is connected to and the stereo.

Get one of these, isolator, and install it near the wall where the TV cable comes into the room for hookup to the stereo or TV, whichever it goes to first, or the ground loop will find another path.

This is about $12 but Radio Shack may have a less expensive one. Print out that page to take with you :D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis