Help with video setting on Onkyo 705

D

DBlock85

Enthusiast
I just purchased an Onkyo 705 and set it up yesterday, the system appears to work excellently, although I am having difficulty viewing my non HDMI video. I currently have the TV hooked up to the receiver via HDMI. The other components connected to the receiver are a PS3 via HDMI and a Xbox 360 and Wii via component. I am only able to view the PS3's feed, and can't view the 360 or Wii. I have gone through the manual and cannot identify the problem. I am hesitant to cry defect because it feels like this is something I am just missing, possibly due to any complications resulting from upconversion/all signals going out the HDMI line. Does anyone have any experience with this problem/setup? Thanks!

AVRat

AVRat

Audioholic Ninja
Did you do all the HDMI/Video component input assignments and set Monitor Out to yes? Pgs 47-49

Last edited:
D

DBlock85

Enthusiast
Yes, I had this set, and thank you for providing the page numbers. The more I think about this issue the more I feel that there is some nuance to the process that I am missing.

B

Brenany

Audiophyte
I had that problem with one of my component inputs as well. I switched to another (this was also an Xbox 360) and it worked fine. I'm unsure of what I did differently. Some more insight would be appreciated.

D

DBlock85

Enthusiast
So did you just move it around to a different input and it worked? I don't know if I've actually tried that yet.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis