Help with sherbourn pt-7030

R

RICKYCANDELA

Audiophyte
Hi guys. I have been checking this forum for a while and looks like there is a lot of experienced members in here. I have a issue with my preamp it is a sherbourn PT-7030 and while on standby the LED stays Blue and there is a ZONE message stays on on the display, I was wondering if I am doing something wrong or if this is a normal characteristic of this preamp, also I can seem to properly adjust it and with some CD`s there is some distortion coming from the main speakers, I am using B&W CDM1NT bookshelf kind of looking, I have the setup to small speakers and the frequency to 80 hertz plus I also calibrated the proper distance. thanks for your response in advance. Ricky.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
with some CD`s there is some distortion coming from the main speakers.
I don't have a Sherbourn pre-pro. But if the distortion only happens with a few CDs then it may just be the source, not the pre-pro or the speakers, especially if the volume is not excessive.

JohnnieB

JohnnieB

Senior Audioholic
I have the same pre. I can't say about the distortion. Mine has none, but there are too many variables to formulate a guess.

I can tell you the zone message should not be on the display when it is powered down. The only thing that should be lit is the LED. What does the zone message say?

I looked in the manual troubleshooting section, found nothing. You can try the manual for a Rotel RSP 1572. It's a much better manual.

A call to Emotiva wouldn't be a bad idea either. Their tech support has been very helpful, for me, in the past.

Here's the link for the Rotel:
http://data.manualslib.com/pdf3/67/6667/666655-rotel/rsp1572.pdf?f348e8ef8cbb0f47eda96cf58fc3c711&take=binary

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis