Help with receiver / speaker match!

M

misha

Audiophyte
Hi all.

Sorry, I’m a complete noob and am just looking to setup my first Home Theatre. I intend to pair a Yamaha RX-V475 receiver with a set of PSB 5.1 speakers as advertised here: https://www.digitalcinema.com.au/PSB-ALPHA-HT1-5-1-Channel-Surround-System-p/psb-alpha-ht1-surround-system.htm (except with the PSB ‘B1’ speakers swapped in for front left and right).

Does anyone know if these will be a suitable match, or if I will likely run into problems?

The system will be primarily for movie watching in a mid-sized room.

Thanks alot for any help!

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
Welcome to audioholics, you will find the info you need here for sure...

The 2 components you listed will work together, but I have heard the alphas and was not impressed at all... especially for the price... And Im not a fan of the lower end yamahas..

You would be much better served with a pieced together 5.1... Most material is recorded in 5 channel not 7, 7 makes it hard to place speakers, and most people including myself prefer 5 ch vs 7...
From what you listed it looks like your budget is $1600 for speakers?

you can do MUCH better with Ascend Acoustics Audiophile Loudspeakers and Subwoofers for Home Theater and Music - Ascend Acoustics, renowned speakers,subs,audio

depending on how large your room is? for under $1600 you can get...
a pair of cbm170se's for front left and right
a cbm340se for your center
and a pair of 200se's for your surrounds

then for a sub depending on room size a VTF-2 MK4 Subwoofer would put you around $1476 shipped and is going to sound so much better than the psb's its not funny...

Then for an avr you can spend the money you saved on the speakers and upgrade to Pioneer SC-1222-K 7.2-Channel Network Ready AV Receiver - Newegg.com

now that would be a real nice system....

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis