help with picking speakers between 2000 and 2500

N

nic329

Audiophyte
Hello All,

I am not very knowledgeable when it comes to speakers, esp since there are so many different manufacturers out there.

I have a budget between 2000 and 2500, so can anyone recommend a quality set for around that price?

What does everyone think about Focal speakers?

Any suggestions are appreciated

Thanks

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
thanks for all the advice guys..haha
Focal is decent/nice - just make sure you like the sound signature,
as a lot of people do like them. Do you have a way to audition?

N

nic329

Audiophyte
hello Zieglj, unfortunately I do not have a way to auditon...I was just going to pick one that gives me a trial period and if I do not like them I can send them back.
I just want a good all around speaker that I will be happy with and get many years of enjoyment out of them....some of the brands i was thinking of are: Focal, Tekton, KEF, and Martin Logan.....if anyone has any experience with any of those then please feel free to give me some advice...thanks everyone

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
Can you tell us about your room? How big is it, in cubic feet? Reflective floors or carpet? Are you looking for a 2.0 or 2.1 channel setup, or 5.1, or 7.1? Do you already have a receiver? Are you going to have placement difficulties (e.g. building a HT system around a TV mounted over a fireplace or in a corner surrounded by a window and a doorway)? Are you located in the United States?

N

nic329

Audiophyte
thanks for the response rojo....I will make some measurements......what I can tell you is its carpeted and the one wall is anderson glass and a big glass sliding door...but I will have to get back to you on the rest

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
some of the brands i was thinking of are: Focal, Tekton, KEF, and Martin Logan.....if anyone has any experience with any of those then please feel free to give me some advice...thanks everyone
I have some experience with Focal, KEF, and Martin Logan sonic sound signatures.
However, there are never any guarantees - In home trial periods are always the
best route to take.

The glass in your room can cause some challenges - and control directivity speakers
may need to be looked at.

Once more is known about your room - then maybe the forum can focus more.

If in the USA - then some ID brand options should also be on the list.

N

nic329

Audiophyte
hey guys...sorry that I have been really busy...but the dimensions of the room is 26ft long, 18ft wide, with 10ft ceilings....and one of the walls is mostly glass, (2 big windows & 1 big glass sliding door to the back yard).....any help is greatly appreciated!!!

oqpi

oqpi

Audioholic Intern
Hello All,

I am not very knowledgeable when it comes to speakers, esp since there are so many different manufacturers out there.

I have a budget between 2000 and 2500, so can anyone recommend a quality set for around that price?

What does everyone think about Focal speakers?

Any suggestions are appreciated

Thanks
I truly recommend Monitor Audio RX6, or R6 Floor stand speakers. I paid $800 for my RX6, as they were floor demos in the store. They seem untouched, brand new and sound amazing.
I drive them with the Outlaw RR2150 stereo receiver. It has a very transparent, superb sound and plenty of power; it also has a USB port, for digital in and a special subwoofer output with an excellent crossover (60Hz, 80Hz, 100Hz). Got mine together with the Ultra X12 powered sub and, together with the Monitor Audio RX6 floorstands, gives us a lot of joy.
For the USB input I recommend the Schiit audio WYRD decrapifier, which allows audio from the PC USB to sound similar to a good CD player.
This system, which I built from scratch around the Outlaw receiver, cost me under $2500 (cables and all included) and it goes with great dynamics and soundstage for a true 16 Hz - 35,000 Hz range (with the sub crossed at 100 Hz - my preference).
What does this setup do? It basically pulls the hardest to drive signal (low frequency) from the receiver amplifier and sends it to the 350 W power amp of the subwoofer.
This way the receiver has such an ease to run the 100 Hz and up wavelengths into the speakers, which in turn are also free from dealing with the low signal as well; that goes all to the subwoofer.
And that's why I challenge anyone with any 2 speaker, highly priced, system, to A/B compare it to this one.

agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
Ascend Acoustics Sierra Tower (with RAAL Tweeter upgrade)
Salk Sound Songtower (with RAAL upgrade)
Philharmonic Audio Slim Tower
SV Sound Ultra Tower

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
hey guys...sorry that I have been really busy...but the dimensions of the room is 26ft long, 18ft wide, with 10ft ceilings....and one of the walls is mostly glass, (2 big windows & 1 big glass sliding door to the back yard).....any help is greatly appreciated!!!
you still didn't mentioned how many speakers are you looking for.
Just a pair or surround system?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis