Help with finding/selecting new receiver.

G

gnuloco

Audiophyte
Hello,

I’m looking to purchase an audio receiver for my house. Normally I do a lot of research on anything I purchase or build but after some time on the subject, I’m quite humbled and realize that I know very little about home audio. I’ve come to this site as it’s clear there is a ton of knowledge and interest on the subject and would like to only make one purchase for a while.

What I’m looking for is the following and I’m hopeful you can help with your input/opinion:

• Hard wired system (Unless someone has input on a wireless one that can outperform)
  • Receiver that can be controlled via android / kindle fire HD, this is only volume and on/off for different speakers. This could also be just on/off for specific speakers and volume be controlled through the spotify app. I need this for at least 4 zones. (Two zones in basement, one upstairs and one outside) I wouldn’t mind more, but I would like four (Eight speakers total minimum).
  • Budget $500 - $1k (Not including wire or speakers)
  • I like loud music, all genres
  • Main speakers are decent 250w per channel

I value your input and ideas. Please let me know if there is anything I have missed.

Thanks for your time!

B

blade1

Audiophyte
I don't know of any receiver that does four zones, especially under $1k. I think you would have to get a separate zone box. Yamaha looks like it has a few stereo receivers that do 3 zones.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis