Help with center channel placement

R

riley3245

Enthusiast
I'm having trouble deciding on center channel. Right now I have a Bowers & Wilkins - 600 Series HTM62 S2 Dual 5" 2-Way Center-Channel Speaker on order. It would fit in the speaker shelf of my stand and would be placed about a foot below the TV.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/bowers-wilkins-600-series-htm62-s2-dual-5-2-way-center-channel-speaker-black/4826038.p?skuId=4826038

However, the speaker the matches the rest of my surround system is the Bowers & Wilkins - 600 Series HTM61 S2 Dual 6-1/2" 3-Way Center-Channel Speaker. The only problem is that is would not fit in the stand. So I can either place it on top of the stand right below the TV or ideally hang it below the stand about 3 feet below the TV. (The stand is wall mounted).

So which of the 3 choices would be best:

1: 5 inch center speaker the is not an exact match for the system, but will fit in speaker shelf and be located about 1.5 feet below TV.

2: 6.5 inch center speaker that matches the system and place it on top of stand about a foot below TV

3: 6.5 inch center speaker that matches the system and place it below stand about a 3 feet below TV.

I should also mention:

- The subwoofers are located beneath stand on left and right side
- The room is about 15 x 13 feet
- The TV is about 13 feet from seating

Thanks for the help.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I'd place the speaker as close to the tv as possible, ideally it should be in the center of the screen....putting it in a shelf likely will not be best for acoustic reasons anyways. Be sure to aim the center's tweeter at your ears, you may need to angle it up a bit.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis