help with bose compatibility please

D

dariusdoo

Audiophyte
hello everyone. My grandma has a set of bose series one speakers (with sub woofer) and the remote as well as that little thing that connects to the cable.

I would like to know if those series 1 items would work with a bose v20 or v30 receiver?

I have read things on the site before and have found you guys helpful. I also know yall hate bose but its what grandma has and she likes it. I can't break grandma's heart and tell her different so please no bose bashing if you can help it.

thanks for any help or advice in combining the 2 systems in advance

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
hello everyone. My grandma has a set of bose series one speakers (with sub woofer) and the remote as well as that little thing that connects to the cable.

I would like to know if those series 1 items would work with a bose v20 or v30 receiver?

I have read things on the site before and have found you guys helpful. I also know yall hate bose but its what grandma has and she likes it. I can't break grandma's heart and tell her different so please no bose bashing if you can help it.

thanks for any help or advice in combining the 2 systems in advance
The answer, as usual, is a resounding NO! I have looked at all three systems, and as usual with Bose you can not cross systems. If your series one has failed, then nothing is any use any more.

If she likes Bose, she will need a new complete system.

We dislike Bose for many good reasons, this is one of many. Bose does not just play with other equipment, but does not play with itself.

I would be honest with grandma and get her out of the Bose environment at this time.

ARES24

ARES24

Full Audioholic
If she really likes bose then you are in for a re-buy.:confused:

D

dariusdoo

Audiophyte
ok. thanks guys. I'll break the news to her. I'm not going to tell her bose sucks though even though I now agree with the sentiment.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Welcome to the forum!

Before you break any news to your grandma, I'd like to take a look. First, though, would you help me understand exactly which systems you're talking about? Are these Lifestyle Series 1 speakers that you'd like to use with a Lifestyle V20 or V30 control unit? Also, why are you looking to do that - is it to add DVD or blu-ray playback?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis