help wiring and finding manuals

U

Unregistered

Ok I picked up the following at a garage sale for $80 CAD this weekend. so thats like $50 US.

Technics SA-GX670 Receiver
Nuance CX-100 Powered Subwoofer

Stuff is in mint condition and works flawlessly. Im having trouble hooking up the powered sub though.

On the back of the Nuance Powered Sub is the followig Diagram:

So I am assuming with that hookup that the sub filters out the Low frequencies and reproduces those through the sub then it only allows the Highs to pass to the speakers? or am I wrong..

On the back of the sub there are High Level Inputs and Low Level Inputs. I cant use the Low Level Inputs because there is no RCA Pre-Amp Sub Out on this Receiver.

The Sub has a Right and left channel inputs for high Level, but no Outputs.

So is that diagram meaning parallel?

This is how I have it hooked up right now:

So Right now I have the Sub Running Parallel with the Speaker A outputs ont he Receiver. (Positive Wire for the Left Speaker and Positive Wire for Left on Sub both go into the same spot on the receiver, same for the negative wires.) and so on. So right now it is running at 4 ohms on Speaker A Set. Im not using B and have it shut off. It says on the back of the Receiver that Speaker Set A can go 4-8 Ohms if only Speaker A set is being used. So thats fine for now. Or should I be running my Sub off of Speaker Set B so I have 8 ohms at each speaker Set? Now optimally This isnt how I want it, I want to figure out how to hook it up like in the diagram right?

ALSO...

Is there any place I can get the Manuals for these two items for free off the net? I cant seem to fnid them anywhere, including Panasonics site?(im assuming panasonic makes Technics or did?)

Also I cant find the nuance site so ya.. if you know where I can aquire the manuals for these let me know to please thanks.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis