Help w/ Nakamichi Dragon cassette deck

E

Eric M.

Audiophyte
First time post here and I'm not even sure if this is the right spot. If not, I'd appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction.

I have a Nakamichi Dragon cassette deck that has been rack mounted for years along with the rest of my equipment. I took the feet off of all my equipment before rack mounting and put them in a big bag. Problem is, I never labeled them. Now, the Dragon is coming out of the rack and I have no idea which legs belong on it. Anyone have any idea where I might find a picture of the bottom of a Dragon? I searched the net, found lots of face and rear shots, but that's it.

Kind of an embarrassing question for a first time post ... but I had to start somewhere!

Thanks in advance.

Eric M.

Resident Loser

Resident Loser

Senior Audioholic
Wuz dey...

...special feet...or just plain ol' generic rubber footsies? Are there some odd standouts in your bag of tricks, chances are they belong to the Nak...if not...

Plain' ol' detective work may help...first find the screws that are the proper size...USE YOUR FINGERS!!! or you may cross-thread or tap doze holes a new pitch in error...then look for faint outlines on the bottom of the unit, there should be some...probably...Once you find the screws(and washers, I guess) see which ones fit dem feet...and clear any and all fasteners/obstructions that extend from the bottom of the unit...

At least that's how I did it when I pulled my TEAC A-650 out of my rack for a trip to workbench-land...

jimHJJ(...and it sits and waits sooo patiently...)

E

Eric M.

Audiophyte
Thanks,

I'm not sure what kinda feet they were. The unit is in the shop right now, but, when back, I'll look for an outline on the bottom, that's a good idea.

I've got feet from about 20 different components, I'm not sure what I was thinking sticking them all in a single bag :confused:

Eric M.

Resident Loser

Resident Loser

Senior Audioholic
A little more...

Eric M. said:
Thanks,

I'm not sure what kinda feet they were. The unit is in the shop right now, but, when back, I'll look for an outline on the bottom, that's a good idea.

I've got feet from about 20 different components, I'm not sure what I was thinking sticking them all in a single bag :confused:

Eric M.
...in the process of elimination...are any of your components from the same manufacturer...most times they use one type consistently...so if you have two or three units and have four...or eight...or twelve feet of the same type that may help to narrow things down...ALSO note things that protrude from the bottom of various components...units that have stuff like screw-heads and/or bellies require taller feet usually...and don't forget the added dimension of the rack-mounting hardware(that's why you took 'em off in the first place, right?)...While lower, "sleeker" units probably have lower feet...aesthetics, dontcha' know...

jimHJJ(...it's the artiste in me...)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis